Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

[Cataclysm] Skills and talents reset randomly

Strange thing started happening on my mage that i have noticed.

Whenever I port to a new location, I get a notification that my talents and skills are reset and maxed out.

You have learned a new spell.
Icy Veins, Brainfreeze, (etc..etc..)
Your Enchanting is now 525
Your Tailoring is now 525
Your fishing is now 525
Your Archeology is now 525

That kinda thing.

Weird.. Anyone else noticed that? A hunter in our guild has reported it on his toon, as well as a priest.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
You have entered a cross server zone. Maybe this is only notification we get until they implement an actual notification of entering these zones.

The skills report on what you had on that current toon too. My unarmed skill was reported at 373 and my skill in leather was 1 on my shaman while in Icecrown.
--
Good evening!

PC Doc 54
aka fcapes
Premium
join:2000-10-28
Middle Island, NY
reply to StumpMan
I've seen the same thing on random characters when traveling. Never knew why until the above explanation.

I kinda hope this is going to go away, it's somewhat annoying when you're talking to someone and that all appears in the chat window.
--
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to mettachain
I've noted that too...figured it was just a bug. I've also noted that when this happens I get duplicates of all items I can create in my professions windows. Most I've seen thus far is 3 of everything. I certainly expect that this will go away with some type of fix.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to StumpMan
I saw that tonight on my Druid. I crossed a few zones and it popped up each time.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to seaquake
I was working first aid, and I saw that. Two of each bandage type in the dialogue box.
I thought it was just acting up because I was on my linux box. I'm happy to see it wasn't linux, but a game glitch.

Some of the add one behave differently on a windows PC vs a linux PC.
hence why I thought it might be due to the OS.