join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

Any idea who has the best electric rates this year?

It's about time for me to lock in a new electric generation provider.

Any suggestions for an annual locked in rate? We are using CL&P.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

crzychrisj

join:2002-03-04
Woodbury, CT

I locked into Dominion (Levco) earlier this year at 6.98 c/kwh fixed through 12/31, but haven't seen anything yet about the renewal for next year. I was just looking at the ctenergyinfo.com site and saw ConEd is offering 7.25 c/kwh through 8/31/13. We're all-electric here, so every tenth of a cent counts!!

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to pandora

My rate of 6.99c with Direct Energy was about to expire, called them and they offered 6.5c.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to crzychrisj

said by crzychrisj:

I locked into Dominion (Levco) earlier this year at 6.98 c/kwh fixed through 12/31, but haven't seen anything yet about the renewal for next year. I was just looking at the ctenergyinfo.com site and saw ConEd is offering 7.25 c/kwh through 8/31/13. We're all-electric here, so every tenth of a cent counts!!

Ironically Con-Ed won't renew me while I'm on Con-Ed. My current rate is about 8.12 cents per KWh. I went with a 7.47 KWh rate for a year with another provider. In a month or two, I'll re-check Con-Ed and see if they will offer the 7.25 cent rate.

Everyone seems to want new customers. Old customers seem to be milked.

On the bright side, ctenergyinfo reports 700,000 homes have switched to alternate electric providers. So the system is working, it took over 10 years to get going.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

1 edit
reply to pandora

I was at The Finger Lakes region last weekend. I was told of a $0.49 per kwh (average with tax & fees included) residential price there.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by Grumpy:

I was at The Finger Lakes region last weekend. I was told of a $0.49 per kwh (average with tax & fees included) residential price there.

That won't help me much in Danbury. The extension cord could be costly.
--