spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

treichhart

join:2006-12-12

[Equipment] Anybody uses Laird Tech Feed Thru Connectors before?

I posted this over on Ubnt forums also: »forum.ubnt.com/showthread.php?p=···st350654

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1

Re: [Equipment] Anybody uses Laird Tech Feed Thru Connectors bef

Just trying to drive traffic to ubnt? Why not ask a question here if you want a response here?

treichhart

reply to treichhart

no I just dont see why asking same question in 2 different forums incase somebody else spots it in ubnt forums but if you want me to ask it here I can.

So there was 40 some looks and your the only one replied to it I am sure there is other people in this forum can also help me out here but nobody seems to want to reply back.

robbin
Premium,MVM
Leander, TX

It would have helped if you had posted a link to the connectors you are referring to. So now that I have googled it, I can answer your question.

Yes, I have used them or something just like them. They are original equipment on at least some Trango radios.

treichhart

reply to treichhart

here is the link: »www.streakwave.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=RJ45-FT

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to robbin

said by robbin:

Just trying to drive traffic to ubnt? Why not ask a question here if you want a response here?

We beat him up too much over there.

He didn't like my answer,
said by WHT :
The same size an adjustable wrench fits.

robbin
Premium,MVM
Leander, TX

He asked " Anybody uses Laird Tech Feed Thru Connectors before?". Guess I don't understand your answer.

treichhart

reply to treichhart

Ok I guess my subject should be worded little differently my bad I didnt know if it was going to confuse alot of people. I am going to cut it to the chase basically I know what size wrench I need for this plastic nut:

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

I'm pretty sure it's a metric size so I suggested a metric crescent wrench.

»www.amazon.com/Irwin-2078602-Met···00JHA9S2
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to treichhart

Yeah, sorry, it's a silly question. Your going to need to go to the store to get the wrench any way. Just take the thing with you and size it.

Pliers, crescent wrench, even larger needle nose pliers work just fine. It's not like you want to (really) torque it down in the first place.

On the second hand, I hate those. There are other styles I like a lot better. As a passthrough that brand is alright. But not the Ethernet passthrough unit. I preferred the style deliberant used for quite a while instead. Not sure who makes them though.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

said by gunther_01:

Yeah, sorry, it's a silly question. Your going to need to go to the store to get the wrench any way. Just take the thing with you and size it.

Pliers, crescent wrench, even larger needle nose pliers work just fine. It's not like you want to (really) torque it down in the first place.

Invariably, the next one you get will take a different size wrench and you will have to climb down from the tower and drive to the store yet again.

I generally am loath to using an adjustable (crescent) wrench or pliers but as you said, they don't really need to be torqued down.

Every situation has a preferred tool. I prefer 6 point sockets to 12 point. I prefer a box end to a spanner where the situation does not mandate one over the other. Would I go to the store to buy a spanner for a plastic nut? No.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL
reply to treichhart

I have two rules to tower work. (in regards to tools)

1. Bring the right tools
2. Bring extra tools

We almost always have a pair of pliers anyway for a little snug fit of N connectors (experienced touch). But, I always have a cresent with me, just in case I drop the correct tool, or don't have the "right" one LOL
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

treichhart

reply to treichhart

I found out today its a 26mm socket/wrench

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to LLigetfa

LOL Does that fit-all wrench come in a left hand version too?

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to gunther_01

I don't think I ever had to use any kind of wrench on that type of fitting. Just old the nut and rotate the threaded end until it snug and then leave it alone. I am pretty sure there are some 10+ year old connectors like this still in the field where they were put together this way and they never came loose.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

gunther_01
Premium
Saybrook, IL
reply to treichhart

All my wrenches are left handed Custom fitted LOL
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

Mike_27
Premium
join:2004-05-15
Gardiner, MT
reply to treichhart

you might as well get the rest of it. that's just the replaceable end for this »www.streakwave.com/itemdesc.asp?···&eq=&Tp= it's worth the extra $6 when it's nasty outside.

your fingers are enough to tighten them ... be careful with the wrench!