Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

How to Mount an SSD?

I was wondering what creative solutions people have found to mount the small SSDs. The last post on this seems to be back a couple of years and I'm hoping there have been some new, creative ideas since.

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
2.5"-to-3.5" brackets (regardless if the 2.5" drive is MHDD or SSD) are your best bet, for full compatibility with any "standard" case:

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 17994085
»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 17812011
»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 17997013

If you plan on using multiple 2.5" drives in the system, you can look at multi-2.5"-disk enclosures (preferably ones without RAID, unless you want that sort of thing and are willing to accept "vendor lock-in"); there are those out there which have hot-swap capability as well as a 1:1 device-to-port ratio (e.g. supports 4 disks, thus has 4 SATA data ports, no RAID).
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
reply to bbear2
I recently installed 2 SSD's in my system. I used a single Bytecc adapter, mounts 2 SSD's and the price is right.

JimE
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to bbear2
I used the Rosewill model, although I bought the upgraded model with the fan, even though I'm not using the fan, simply because they were on sale last week and I got it for the same price as the model without. In any case, they are all stamped steel. No real way to mess them up or to justify paying more for a brand name.
--
Google is your Friend

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
kudos:1
reply to bbear2
I use Velcro.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
kudos:2
reply to bbear2
Duct Tape, which works for everything except for what it is named for...

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
Thats because is name is supposed to be "Duck Tape".

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by Aranarth:

Thats because is name is supposed to be "Duck Tape".

Nope fnord76 is correct and so are you Aranarth; there are two brands Duct Tape and Duck Tape. If you ever traveled to the west coast you would know there is also Duc Tape. Too bad you folks in the mid-west miss out on all the practical use of this particular type of tape. Get the chromed stuff and place it on your car an you have an instant limo.

Here is a bit of history for you: »www.thegeminigeek.com/wh ··· ct-tape/