uniqs

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to mbernste

to mbernste

Re: WPIX is Gone

said by mbernste:

I wonder if Tribune was just a pawn in Cablevision's negotiations with CBS?

I'm fine with that. CBS actually has programming that I consider to be of some value. I can't say the same for WPIX.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

WPIX was once a great station, back in the 70s through the early 90s they had a lineup that shined. They lost their way when they became affiliated with the WB and CW. I think they are trying to go back to some of that by rebranding the station as WPIX instead of the CW-11 but lets face it, no one is crying about its loss because their programming is not in demand. As far as Im concerned, the only programming I watch on it is Mets baseball and I wont care about that until 2013 as the season is over anyway.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to limegrass69

MVM

to limegrass69
said by limegrass69:

I'm fine with that. CBS actually has programming that I consider to be of some value.

I have no problem with it either. I just find the timing interesting. I also agree that CBS's channels, especially WCBS have a lot more value than WPIX.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

I think Cablevision has about 50,000 subscribers on the Litchfield CT system that will be without FOX this weekend because WTIC was pulled by Tribune and they dont get FOX 5 up there so that leaves them without a Fox affiliate. With the NFL starting up, that potentially could put some added pressure to resolve this but unfortuntately, I bet Cablevision considers 50,000 a small percentage of their customer base that this stale mate continues onward until October and the start of the Fall Season.

Wyldfox
join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT

Wyldfox

I haven't had Fox for a couple of weeks now in Milford. This is crazy. Just give me back my NY Fox. I had it here for years along with WTIC out of Hartford, the Fox affiliate. So what next. Because I get ABC out of NY and ABC out of New Haven, will they pull the NYC station? Same with NBC NY and Waterbury. WTF?
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

The CT FOX Station forced Cablevision to remove the NY FOX station in New Haven County, so the FOX NY station made them remove the CT FOX station in Fairfield County. The stations have that right under FCC rules. That won't happen with NBC since they are both O&O stations and I doubt it would happen with ABC since WTNH reaches Fairfield County OTA.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to Wyldfox

to Wyldfox
said by Wyldfox:

I haven't had Fox for a couple of weeks now in Milford. This is crazy. Just give me back my NY Fox. I had it here for years along with WTIC out of Hartford, the Fox affiliate. So what next. Because I get ABC out of NY and ABC out of New Haven, will they pull the NYC station? Same with NBC NY and Waterbury. WTF?

That's not Cablevision's fault. The Hartford Fox affiliate demanded that Cablevision drop the NY Fox station in New Haven County. The only county in CT that is in the WNYW (NYC) market is Fairfield. So, having Fox outside of New Haven County is subject to the local Fox affiliate's approval (WTIC-TV). Once that happened, the NYC Fox station answered back by demanding that WTIC-TV get dropped in Fairfield County.