uniqs

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

I'm told by my crew that it appears that the line is back to normal. IIgs, can you confirm?
jibby
join:2008-03-31

jibby

Is wholesale cable or DSL even a 'best effort' service @ Bell or Rogers?

With simple things taking weeks because of arbitrarily closed tickets or what seems like deliberate incompetence, the 'best effort' at Bell/Rogers is pretty bad hehe

Rogers takes forever to fix things - but you want to sign up for a new service? watch them show up 6 hours later. funny how that works.

I feel bad for Marc - i know he cares, and does his best.

but whether its deliberate or not, lately it seems like the wholesale departments at Rogers/Bell are basically staffed by monkeys... and it takes them weeks of mashing random keys to fix anything

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

In telco terms, best effort means whenever they feel like it.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to jibby

Premium Member

to jibby
It's all fairly recent in the past year or so. I do think too though that in some cases its simply an incompetent field tech. From what I understand BTS has hired something like 1000 new workers in the last year or two. We will be addressing these issues soon though, these are things that ebb and flow spanning years... Years ago, it was great, then it was terrible, then it was great... We have to work through it.