spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cosmicdream
join:2008-09-01
Carbondale, IL

cosmicdream

[PvP] 5.0.4 Warlock PvP spec, cast rotation, strategies help

I've been playing a lock as my main ever since a few months after WoW started, and I've seen many changes. However lately I am just not sure what spec to go with. I've tried each spec a few times and I'm thinking affliction or maybe destro may be best for the BG's, but I'm just not sure. Affliction seems to lack burst damage while destro seems to require you to stand there and cast, which can often be difficult in bg's. I have fun with demo and I have always loved the felguard, but I'm just not extremely effective with the spec.

Of the 3 I've probably had the most sucess in the BG's with affliction, although I feel like I'm more just helping out the others on my team by throwing dots on everyone and not really bringing enemys down by myself.

As affliction when I can I cast soulburn, swap soul, which immediately puts on corruption, agony, and unstable affliction. Then I cast haunt and malefic grasp once or twice. Whenever the CD's are up I summon an extra pet or the doomguard. Using this strategy I've had the most sucess of any other specs I've tried.

So anyway, please share your preferences, experiences, prefered cast rotations, spec, and whatever works for you as a lock in BG's and arenas. Hopefully we can all pick up some tips and get better on our locks!

Cosmicdream- Realm: Kaelthas

Redawg81
T3h N3wb
join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL

Redawg81

Im finding MG is ok once or twice but DS is op to get shards back. Keeping haunt on a tar ='s loads o dmg. Im finding if you can, under radar, hard cast the dots you can get nice d33ps.

R3d

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

not many people play warlocks right now.

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to cosmicdream

Premium Member

to cosmicdream
I'm loving my lock right now. And when my ping allows it, I'll play my rogue. As Destro you can literally 3 shot someone but that long cast of chaos bolt is a total biotch! If you have someone that you like to BG/Arena with that have LOTS of CC like a frost/fire mage, then destro is the spec to be. Ideally this will keep people off of you so you don't get silenced or stunned. I prefer going aff because I'm so sick and tired of being silenced every time I try to cast chaos bolt. People and their damn mods.. their screen must look like a Christmas tree when someone is casting. Anyway, for right now you probably won't get many KBs from aff but you can hurt a lot of mofos all at once and have a very low chance of getting silenced nonstop.
nusse
join:2010-09-09

nusse to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Then why do I see them all over the place and in Raids/instances/BGs?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by nusse:

said by mettachain:

Then why do I see them all over the place and in Raids/instances/BGs?

These are all "points of view" comments. Unless there is a link to wow population statistics, we should probably just stick to providing answers to the OP or dovetailing new questions. Debates over the flavor of water don't propel the thread very much.

Looking at top 10 dps rankings per boss for 25M heroic DS, there are a lot more mages (27) than warlocks(2). But that really doesn't apply much to the rest of us.
DrPoop
join:2012-07-31

DrPoop to cosmicdream

to cosmicdream
I switched from affliction to destro after this patch (affliction was just feeling too much like having sex with a limp !@#$). It is a lot of fun PVP. Chaos bolt cast time may be long but you have so much cc you can find times to use it. Everyone is so scared of it you can get them to blow defencive cd's by just starting a cast and when used in conjunction with offencive cd's it hits like a truck even against geared players. I throw a lot of fell flame while on the move and use havoc to help build embers faster. My only real complaint is that our new bubble Dark Bargain can not be cast while silenced. Mages and pally's can bubble while cc'd, locks should be no different. As for KB's if you go affliction, there was a aff lock in a bg with me the other night that went 18/2 with top damage too. As affliction i used to get top damage regularly but never top KB's. What ever he was doing it was working.

cosmicdream
join:2008-09-01
Carbondale, IL

1 edit

cosmicdream

I use the glyph of sacrifice which makes my chaos bolts hit 25% harder. I'm hitting the training dummy for about 200k in my pvp gear, which is much less vs players. I seem to be having the most trouble against melee classes. With my glyph of sacrifice I still get my fel hunter's ability; but that doesn't help much when I warrior or rogue is tearing me up. Anyone got any good basic strategies vs melee?

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to cosmicdream

to cosmicdream
said by cosmicdream:

With my glyph of sacrifice I still get my fel hunter's ability; but that doesn't help much when I warrior or rogue is tearing me up. Anyone got any good basic strategies vs melee?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· K-TD7V-s

Unlock the box, kick them locks, Cloak of Shadows negates the DoTs, all these stuns got you on lock, more combo points than Tony Hawk... FTW.

seriously, dot, run, fear when they get close, kite is the only way to win. warriors have alot of mobility, rogues have alot of speed increasing abilities. Worgen Rogue engineer has Sprint, Darkflight, Burst of speed/shadowstep (spec), and rocket boots.

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to cosmicdream

Premium Member

to cosmicdream
Aff with Soul Link and Sacrifice. 190k health, get your pet ability, and Haunt, DS, MG do 50% more damage. GG