All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

erfans
join:2008-10-10
Canada

erfans

[DD-WRT] Flashing E4200 with DD-WRT. Need help.

I will be picking up an E4200 v1 today. I have read the wiki instructions page for E4200. I guess I know how to flash but my question is regarding the build. I have read that the 18777 is the latest build for e4200 but I do not see it on the router database at dd-wrt site and neither on the wiki page above.

Someone with e4200 and dd-wrt shed some light on this please? Thanks!
scubascythan
join:2005-05-14

scubascythan

Don't use the router database at all.

Read the peacock thread first, and anything the wiki states overrides that thread because it's for your specific model.

»www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/vi ··· ?t=51486

The build is right there on the wiki page. Flashing Process > Step 6. Edit the ftp url and you get the folder for all the 18777 builds to upgrade after you flash the trailed.

erfans
Canada

erfans

Thanks. I have flashed it successfully. I can connect to the router both wirelessly and through ethernet but there is no internet. I have tried turning off the cable modem and turning it back on. I have tried rebooting the router and the PC and still no luck.

WAN IP: 0.0.0.0

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

First, I know nothing about DD-WRT. However, what do you have the WAN Connection Type set at?

erfans
Canada

erfans

Automatic Configuration (DHCP).

I have tried unplugging both modem and router from power for at least 5 minutes and then powered on modem first. Then router once modem's lights had been stabilized. I have a Motorola SB5101N modem. I also tried "ipconfig /release" with no luck.
scubascythan
join:2005-05-14

scubascythan

Weird. I have the same modem and when I switched to the e4200v1 it worked fine.

If I remember correctly, I got an IP just fine using default settings after I flashed it. It might be your ISP doesn't like the new MAC. Try cloning your old router's MAC onto it.

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa to erfans

Premium Member

to erfans
Is the router function being handled by the modem? Do you need to enter your ISP login (PPOE?) info into the Linksys?
alfnoid
MVM
join:2002-02-18

alfnoid to scubascythan

MVM

to scubascythan
said by scubascythan:

It might be your ISP doesn't like the new MAC. Try cloning your old router's MAC onto it.

This.
Some ISP's are picky about what MAC addy they see.

erfans
Canada

erfans

Modem did not like my new router. I ended up losing internet for 2 days until ISP had to fix it remotely. It all works now.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Sounds like the modem was also a router as well and back to back routers - working as routers - does not work. Otherwise - there really is no such thing as a modem not 'liking' a router.

erfans
Canada

erfans

Did not like the new MAC address.