dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
fnick507
join:2012-09-07
Atlantic City, NJ

fnick507

Re: Best VOIP Modem for Blast Tier Speeds offered by Comcast ?

Also to: gar187er ; trythisfirst

Thanks for letting me know how the Comcast Technicians work, It would be great to have a choice to achieve what I want. I would be better if they had a warehouse or somewhere where you could pick up what you needed or have it sent to you first for special request like mine.

Take Care,
fnick50

trythisfirst
@comcast.net

trythisfirst

Anon

said by fnick507:

Also to: gar187er ; trythisfirst

I would be better if they had a warehouse or somewhere where you could pick up what you needed or have it sent to you first for special request like mine.

Only problem is now everyone is special, everyone will have a special request. Millions of older inventory is useless as everyone want's this. We don't even carry the 822 yet, but you feel you need it.... I am just using you as an illustration, i mean no ill will about it.

Also tech's are dispatched dynamically based on where they are and how much time they have. So your 1-3 special request order.. I get it about 12:30. There is no time after my lunch to drive across town to the warehouse to pick up a special unit for 1 customer. At this point in time that makes zero sense to do.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by trythisfirst :

Millions of older inventory is useless as everyone want's this. We don't even carry the 822 yet

Yep, that was exactly my point about the TM 722G as a possible solution, as it is something more likely to be in stock.

Everybody...including me...would like the latest and greatest, but it would be unrealistic to expect Comcast to dump perfectly usable modems and eMTAs everytime a new model comes out.

If the TM 822G becomes available as a user-owned option, I'll purchase one, but in the meantime I have no real beef with the rented TM 722G.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to trythisfirst

Premium Member

to trythisfirst
said by trythisfirst :

Only problem is now everyone is special, everyone will have a special request. Millions of older inventory is useless as everyone want's this. We don't even carry the 822 yet,

FWIW, can't figure out how this is your problem. Especially if you get paid by the hour.

I will say KUDOS to you for caring !!!
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA to PeteC2

Premium Member

to PeteC2
They actually mostly have the opposite problem. It may be different in places where there aren't large, owner-occupied houses where the owners stay for years, but I've seen many, many boxes that people got 5+ years ago and haven't upgraded. Giant clunkers that only output component, SD gear, etc etc.
fnick507
join:2012-09-07
Atlantic City, NJ

fnick507

I can see everyones point, and I did say the 722 would be just as good as the 822. I believe everyone in this topic knows I am just looking for ideas to have a modem that doesn't restrict my computer setup and my newly purchased products through Comcast. I understand a request is not guaranteed, but should be honored if you have it available. Now lets say your right, everyone sees the 822 and puts in a request, and the 822 's go out of stock, now the next best thing should be offered thats similar like the 722 and down the line. It's all about different types of computer setup's and the product that will serve the customer best thats based upon availability. Technician should have different options to choose from to best fit the customers setup from new or old stock. I hope Comcast wants to offer their customers the freedom to use there Internet connection as they see fit and not through a cookie cutter vision that everyone uses there setups the same because they don't.

Thank you everyone for your help and opinions.

I'll keep you updated.

fnick50