Search similar:

uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to FLASH71145

to FLASH71145

Re: [HD] Fox Ohio Valley College Football Broadcast

yes I understand but I was told that eventually wtrf and wtov probably will try to get the pittsburgh channels shut off. Wtov is owned by the same company as wpxi so I don't see that happening.
But west virginia media holdings might try to get kdka and wtae taken off.
mikedz4

mikedz4 to FLASH71145

to FLASH71145
I emailed fox and asked them to return the affiliation to wpgh until wtrf can solve their signal issues. What is a shame is some people can't receive any fox channel because they can't get wpgh or wtrf over the air.
FLASH71145
join:2005-04-02
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

With all teams with local interest playing over the weekend the 3 OV stations broadcasted in HD. Good picture not great. Some pixelation and audio loss at times but better. We'll see next weekend when non locals are playing and baseball playoffs start.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem

Premium Member

Swimming grass and mosquito crowds, must be October playoff baseball on Fox Ohio Valley time again!!!
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

I believe the league championship games start Sunday on Fox.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I didn't see any problem with the wvu vs texas game on fox saturday.
Hopefully the wvu vs texas tech game can be as crisp this weekend.
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

WVU set for 3:30 ABC/ESPN kick off. If ABC caries it I'll be watching WTAE out of the Burgh.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

ot: just found out wvu vs kansas state 7pm on fox next saturday
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

Back to the point. Where all of a sudden did they find the power. If they can do it once, that broadcast level should be maintained.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem

Premium Member

said by FLASH71145:

Back to the point. Where all of a sudden did they find the power. If they can do it once, that broadcast level should be maintained.

What does broadcast power have to do with overcompression on redistributed plants?
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

I'm an avid TV watcher and Blu-Ray collector and I know a good picture when i see one. I'm not very tech savy except for maybe hooking my units up. All I'm saying is if they can broadcast all three in HD last weekend, why can't they do it all the time?

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to markofmayhem

to markofmayhem
it has to do with wtrf putting too many sub-channels on their channel. WTOV9 did it the right way just having one sub channel. KDKA has NO subchannels like other CBS owned stations.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem to FLASH71145

Premium Member

to FLASH71145
said by FLASH71145:

I'm an avid TV watcher and Blu-Ray collector and I know a good picture when i see one. I'm not very tech savy except for maybe hooking my units up. All I'm saying is if they can broadcast all three in HD last weekend, why can't they do it all the time?

Only 2 are in HD, one is SD (ABC). It depends on the source material on all 3 stations. If it is able to be compressed with less loss in quality, then it looks like the image is good. When NFL is on both stations or CBS has explosions in a drama during Fox's baseball coverage, it looks like crap.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to mikedz4

to mikedz4
WCBS in NY has a subchannel now. They are testing it as a news service sort of like the Nonstop channels NBC owned stations have to take to the other CBS owned stations.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

So kdka would be next? Would areas like Weirton get it or just pa and morgantown ?
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

A little off topic. KDKA's website said the Steeler game would be broadcast on Pittsburgh CW Network. Where is our CW Network(SD/Channel 6) out of. Ours just had regular scheduled programing. Also not available in HD.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

we don't get pittsburgh's cw. We get the generic satellite feed. Guess it was cheaper for comcast to get the generic satellite feed than the pay kdka/cbs to carry pittsburgh's cw.
mikedz4

mikedz4 to FLASH71145

to FLASH71145
how is the signal now besides wanting to get sick watching the mountaineers the past two weeks.
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

The picture has been much better since I registered my complaints to comcast. Couldn't get a response from Wheeling. Offense sells tickets and defense wins championships! I'v been a Florida Gator fan since the 60's.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

yeah. Look at all of the undefeated wvu teams they were some offense but mostly defense. You didn't see too many 70 to 63 games.
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

I'm an old Super Hero fan. Have you watched the Arrow on CW? Good show, in my opinion. I wonder what it would take to get the CW network in HD?

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

The CW on comcast here is the satellite feed. Nothing is added to it just added call letters to it. I don't think the satellite feed comes in HD.
Would be nice if they sent us pittburgh's cw instead.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement

said by mikedz4:

The CW on comcast here is the satellite feed. Nothing is added to it just added call letters to it. I don't think the satellite feed comes in HD.
Would be nice if they sent us pittburgh's cw instead.

I like Supernatural on CW and lately I've been watching the reruns on TNT and it is like night and day! I thought I was watching a new show! The TNT version of the show is sharp and you can see fine details such as skin, moles, clothes fabric but on the CW channel the new Supernatural season just started and its a blotchy nightmare. And now CW on-demand. Arg.
FLASH71145
Weirton, WV

FLASH71145

I'v been watching The Arrow on CW's website, better picture than SD.