uniqs
share rss forum feed

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to dillyhammer

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

Well actually, the majority of businesses are still based offline considering retail and financial are the biggest and financial institutions mainly use closed networks. There would be a lot of businesses affected but the economy would survive for a week.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Many work from home so it would have a huge impact.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
Bill payments. Business connections. Small business and home businesses would suffer big time. Irreparably. Payment systems and terminals. ATMs.

Survive perhaps. Just barely. Not for long either.

All hell would break loose.

It's very much a big piece of the core fabric of our society. I can't imagine how anyone could argue against this, or not see this.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Make The Switch - »openmedia.ca/switch

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
I agree, it would be pandemonium as we've been so conditioned to make purchases, handle our finances and do transactions with plastic. It would not be good.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to Mike2009
Big impact yes but again a lot of processes are paper based and many companies still use faxes so the bulk of the economy would survive. It's just that things like electronic payments would be delayed or unavailable for a period of time.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
reply to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I agree, it would be pandemonium as we've been so conditioned to make purchases, handle our finances and do transactions with plastic. It would not be good.

It would especially be catastrophic to have an interruption during the Christmas rush.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by milnoc:

said by Mike2009:

It would especially be catastrophic to have an interruption during the Christmas rush.

Anytime really. I never have cash on me so if I needed some as all ATMs were down it would be a problem.