how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CopperFibre

join:2012-09-08
Montreal, QC
reply to sunday8pm

Re: Cancelling Fibe after a month to get a clean line for free?

Unless you then go with Colba who has their own COs (provided you know for a fact the CO is not miles away from you).

Then you have a clean line, a clean drop and are connected to a CO not too far away.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5

said by CopperFibre:

Unless you then go with Colba who has their own COs (provided you know for a fact the CO is not miles away from you).

Colba does not have "their own COs", they rent space in Bell's COs to setup their own equipment.

CopperFibre

join:2012-09-08
Montreal, QC

I didn't know that. Nevertheless, it's possible to see on their website where the CO is and get an idea of how far away it is. Plus if someone nearby has Colba they can tell you what speed they get. This is not a guarantee but it gives you a rough idea of what you can expect.

Anyway, unlimited cable is a much better alternative to DSL in my opinion because you don't depend on some shitty line that was built 60 years ago.

planiwa

join:2009-02-19
Toronto M5S
kudos:1
reply to CopperFibre

said by CopperFibre:

Then you have a clean line, a clean drop and are connected to a CO not too far away.

I'm trying to understand -- what is meant by "line", "drop", and "then"?

As I see it, after canceling Fibe, there is no reason why the line that will then no longer go the Remote, but all the way to the CO, will be "clean" (except close to the house) or "not too far away" (is 3km (DS Atn 41dB) as in the above example considered "not too far away"?).

The only part that will remain clean is from the customer to the Remote, (or wherever it branches off towards the CO), no?

(CF example given above.)