spc
uniqs

Boroguy333
@myvzw.com

Boroguy333 to darrick04

Anon

to darrick04

Re: [General] Home Fusion install scheduled

Have had HF about 2 weeks now and except for a 1 hour period where it was down, it has been working great. I got the install deal they have running now for $100. I signed up for the 20gb plan and so far we have used 8.5gb for the first two weeks. I game some, mostly thru Steam playing Left 4 Dead 2 and the Call of Duty games. Pings in game average around 90-110 which is acceptable and there is no lag. My speeds average 15 down and 2-3 up. As far as usage, our family (me, wife, teenager, and occasional college daughter on weekends) mostly surfs the web, the occasional games, and some downloading. There is no streaming of movies or music. I did try Netflix using a friends account just to see how it ran and it was great but we do redbox for movies. Hope this helps some people. I had satelite (8 years) previously as my only option and this is way beyond that. Is it expensive..yes but so far it is worth having.
firepong
join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR

firepong

said by Boroguy333 :

Have had HF about 2 weeks now and except for a 1 hour period where it was down, it has been working great. I got the install deal they have running now for $100. I signed up for the 20gb plan and so far we have used 8.5gb for the first two weeks. I game some, mostly thru Steam playing Left 4 Dead 2 and the Call of Duty games. Pings in game average around 90-110 which is acceptable and there is no lag. My speeds average 15 down and 2-3 up. As far as usage, our family (me, wife, teenager, and occasional college daughter on weekends) mostly surfs the web, the occasional games, and some downloading. There is no streaming of movies or music. I did try Netflix using a friends account just to see how it ran and it was great but we do redbox for movies. Hope this helps some people. I had satelite (8 years) previously as my only option and this is way beyond that. Is it expensive..yes but so far it is worth having.

This is exactly what I'm hoping my experience is like. I've had satellite in the past and man, it was shit. Been using my phone for the longest time until ATT told me to buy a tethering plan or I will loose my Unlimited Data. So I gave up my Unlimited Data, dropped to the 200mb plan and told them to F*** Off politely So now, I'm waiting for Wednesday to come along for my install. I got the 30gig plan though in case I do enough browsing to go over. Don't want to pay $10 a gig. After a couple months, if I see that 30gigs is to much, like I said in my previous post, I'll lower it down the the 20gig plan.

Cincy Fusion
@myvzw.com

Cincy Fusion

Anon

I have had a very unreliable experience with Home Fusion since it was installed at our house near Hamilton, OH this past July. It seems to be losing signal more frequently now, so I demanded that Verizon come out and move it. They want $150 to pay an installer to do so. . .

It is very fast when it is working, but it is pricey and not worth the investment when it stops working. Our other 4G phones work inside the house when the Super Sh*t Bucket isn't. I even borrowed a demo 4G mobile HotSpot to test when the Bucket lost signal, and the HotSpot kept on working INSIDE the house.

Please advise me on the best way to test for signal strength at other locations around our house.

I will NOT pay an third party installer $150 to walk around my house with a cell phone app and attempt to find the easiest location to install (that uses the least amount of cable).

I am comfortable on ladders, so I plan on testing signal at multiple locations around the second story of our house.

Thanks for your help, and beware of the lack of support that Verizon offers. Once your trial is up, you're on your own.

-Frustrated Cincinnati Fusion Owner

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

You don't have to pay$150 for installer come out just pay monthly 6.99 common sense on a hone connection. then you get free truck rolls.
firepong
join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR

firepong

said by verizonlteda :

You don't have to pay$150 for installer come out just pay monthly 6.99 common sense on a hone connection. then you get free truck rolls.

Yeah, after I read how much it was going to cost for Home Calls if anything ever happened in the Owner's manual while the tech was out here setting up, it made my mind up. I wasn't going to take the risk of something going wrong and pay that much more when it's only $7 extra on my bill every month. Remind you, this warranty is only valid within the first 30 days of install and you cannot get it after that, so I think the above owner is screwed on that matter.

What I wish is that they made it required on the Warranty instead of optional. If I hadn't have been reading the book, I probably would not have noticed it.
licklog
join:2006-06-14
Sevierville, TN

2 edits

licklog to firepong

to firepong
I had the HF installed last week and it is working without a hitch although the speeds are below what I was and am still getting with my jetpack 4620l with a yagi antenna (8mbps vs 12mbps); probably because of the Yagi. I will probably keep the HF after the trial because the price packages are much better, the speed difference is not a show stopper and I really don't need the flexibility of a mifi.

But I am greedy so my question is: Can I use my Yagi antenna in place of or in conjunction with the cantenna antenna to improve my signal? If so, how would I hook that up?
licklog

licklog to firepong

to firepong
Just a heads up. I was told when I bought last week and it was confirmed that for the first two billing cycles you will get 50% additional data for free. So if you ordered 10 you get 15 or 20 you get 30.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

said by licklog:

Just a heads up. I was told when I bought last week and it was confirmed that for the first two billing cycles you will get 50% additional data for free. So if you ordered 10 you get 15 or 20 you get 30.

I thought they doubled your cap for the first couple months so you can get used to it etc?

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

Nope just 50%