spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NeedFiosNow

join:2011-11-16
Boston, MA

[connectivity] Frequesnt disconnects

I've had the same set up for a many years now and thought the intermittent internet was caused by prehistoric switches I've been using but in closer inspections notices that my Router status says that my dsl connection keeps getting disconnected and it reconnects only to get disconnected for about 5-10 mins.

Just wanted to know what do i do to fix this?
Or should i call customer service only to have them tell me something I've already done for about a million times

NeedFiosNow

Boston, MA
I called costumer service and there sending over a new router to replace my AWESOME Westell C90 36R516 01 wirespeed~ However i don't think this is the problem and am just going to end up hating my new shiny black router~

Anyway i wanted to ask people from the Boston area if they are still having intermittent DSL problems because i did some research and apparently a bum(homeless man) caused a lot of service interruptions in the northeast Massachusetts and while it was not in Boston i still think that my service problem which started 3 days ago might have been ~sparked~ this event.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this Bostonians ~

click here for the story

NeedFiosNow

Boston, MA
reply to NeedFiosNow
OK just bridged the new modem and it would seem for now that my old modem is on its death bed after a resilient 10 years. however my line didn't have a dial tone this morning and wanted to see if anyone can take a look at my line stats to see if i needs attention

Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data Path INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 7839 861
Margin (dB) 7.5 19.8
Line Attenuation (dB) 33.9 15.3
Transmit Power (dBm) 17.2 10.1

NeedFiosNow

Boston, MA
My dial tone went out so it seems to be a line issue...im just glad that my westell c90 isn't dead and i cant wait till i can plug it back so it can continue whats its been doing for over 10 years... giving me my DSL~ GoodTimes~

and of course i will be updating this thread because really i have nothing else to do because my internet isn't working so good...man i wish i had fios~