uniqs

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

"Approved" did not show up

I gave approval to a message in a political forum. When I reopen that thread to look at the message, I do not see the "You approved" that normally shows up for approved messages. However, the message does appear in my "Voted" list.

I'm suspecting that there's a database inconsistency somewhere.

Note that the particular approval is not all that important. I'm just reporting because this should not have happened.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

And the problem where many users can't give approval to anon posters is still there after many many heads ups in this forum.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to nwrickert

Premium Member

to nwrickert
I just tried to give approval for this post »Google Headhunter's E-Mail Unraveled a Massive Net Sec. Hole and the approval does not show up when I refresh the page.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

1 recommendation

nwrickert

Mod

I think they have a bug somewhere.

In the case that I reported, the "approved" took a long time. Maybe there was a network problem in the java-scripted update.

I am still seeing that approved posted in my "voted" list, but with the approval showing in the post. I suppose I can consider that a very private kind of "approve" - even the poster of the approved post does not know that it was approved.

I'll acknowledge that it is a relatively minor problem. But it still leaves a database inconsistency somewhere.