Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thewisperer
Premium
join:2008-01-16
reply to nunya

Re: What Will $15 an Hour Get Me?

here in the Ottawa Gatineau area (in Canada..) I know of professional sat installers who work for Bell mostly who make about $1000 a week or more year round.

They have a van and insurance. One of them is our alarm account and he manages to own and pay the mortgage on a semi detached town house in Ottawa where prices are around $200,000.

Bell (Sympatico) requires so many installers (sub-contractors) that if they did not keep them happy, it would be a nightmare.

He could easily do wisp installs.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to WHT

so what does a Wisp charge for a truck roll?
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

Airnode

join:2006-09-01
Germany
reply to urmom

well some of my installers have tatoos they simply have to cover it and thats it. None of em have it on the nek or head ore fingers . Folks in Europe are usually more liberal but there still enough stupits and ignorants out there (specialy in gemany where i'm from) so.. it is more ore less a must to cover your tatoos.

even i have one but i usually dont take my pants off in front of a customer haha

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5

A Wranglers jeans patch tattoo on yer right butt check? Popular on Texas.

Airnode

join:2006-09-01
Germany

said by WHT:

A Wranglers jeans patch tattoo on yer right butt check? Popular on Texas.

haha nope but cool idea.

just got just a simple text "your speaking to the wrong side Lady"
translated from german but basicly in that sence .

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to WHT

Anyone who's been in business any length of time knows that it's difficult to limit yourself yourself to your "ideal" type of client and remain in business for any serious amount of time.

Some people are going to be offended by different things and you simply have to accommodate them. It's an artform in and of itself.

When I got hired by Ma Bell, my boss said, "Kid, get a haircut before you come in on Monday". I was deeply offended by this, but guess what? In that era, $40,000 / yr jobs with no college education were almost unheard of. And that eventually turned into a $100,000 / yr job.
I was pissed about it, but got my happy ass to the barber shop on Saturday morning.
Cut your hair, trim your beard, tuck in your shirt, cover those tat's, take off that bling, dress appropriately - all an employers right to mandate.

If you want to decorate your body or change your appearance to be different or attract attention to yourself, that's your God given right. However, people need to keep in mind that it's also going to draw some negative attention. That's life.
There's always consequences for anything you do. It might be the difference between $15 / hr and $35 / hr.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to WHT

Click for full size
Everyone has their reasons. Most aren't about getting noticed, or for some kind of "approval" from others. It's important things in our lives. Parts of our lives that have a great significance, and other reasons. I can't be fired for mine though

At some point I will have it finished LOL
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

WHT

Rosston, TX

That's...that's...GREEN cable. Must be original UBNT CAT5 Level 1 cable.

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to WHT

Color blind much? LOL. It's blue WHT. I don't use UBNT cable. Never needed to, and I doubt I ever will.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

WHT

Rosston, TX

said by gunther_01:

Color blind much?

Not *that* much. I can tell a blue from a green cable, but some shades of purple, orange and turquoise are a problem with me.

Years ago, optometrist told me, "you seem to have a bit of difficulty...ummm...ummm...Do you know you have a significant color differentiation problem. But don't worry, it's common in 1% of American males".