spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CopperFibre

join:2012-09-08
Montreal, QC

Are you billed for the downtime between order and hookup?

Hi all,

I am considering switching to Distributel cable. It seems that the period between the moment you place the order and the moment it works (ie videotron's tech visit, cable hooked up and modem in your hands) is about 10 working days.

What happens during these 10 working days? Do I have to pay for cable service I can't use because it is not ready yet? 10 working days on a 60$ plan works out to be shy of 30$. That's quite a lot for nothing, on top of all the other fees; hence my question.

Thanks,

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
For all prepaid services providers, you're billed when you sign up, but you pay for when you're connected.

If you call on the January 1st, pay, then get hooked up on the 15th, you're payment on the 1st actually covers January 15th till February 15th.

CopperFibre

join:2012-09-08
Montreal, QC
reply to CopperFibre
Perfect, thanks!

carcajou

join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC

2 edits
It s not the case for Acanac. With them, you pay from the date your order is confirmed unless you insist that your " activation date " should be moved to your installation date.

Same for their 30 days money back guarantee. They start counting those days from the day you receive confirmation of your order.

If you re connected 1 month after ordering ( not unheard of ) and you did not ask for your " activation date " to be moved...then good luck with their guarantee if you happen to need it.

And dont believe whatever oral info you get from their Sales Dept about this. Always get a written confirmation from their billing dept.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to CopperFibre
said by CopperFibre:

Perfect, thanks!

As carcajou states, this is not the case with all ISP's.

Many you have to call and confirm this. So it's in your own best interest to call the billing dept on the day you are activated at the speed you bought to make sure you are billed from that day forward.

Do not take it for granted that this ISP or any ISP will bill from day of activation because not all do unless you call.

carcajou

Riviere-Beaudette, QC
hm

You cannot call the billing Dept at Acanac: they accept only emails and there are no other way to reach them.

If they dont answer and you send another email, they punish you by sending you back at the end of the queue. Wait patiently for a response and respond to the response. It s the only " allowed protocol " to interract with Her Majesty, the Mistress of the Billing Dept.

levesque739

join:2008-05-13
Laval, QC
When i was activated with Acanac, it was on a Sunday, Sep 02. I opened a ticket at 10:21PM and it was replied to at 10:48 PM. So i don't find getting an answer 27 minutes later on a Sunday, before labor day, late at night, to be as bad as you make it sound.

carcajou

Riviere-Beaudette, QC
Levesque

The automated response does NOT count LOL

It s generated by a computer

levesque739

join:2008-05-13
Laval, QC
It was not automated. It was a message from an employee.

We changed the renewal date of your "CABLE30-QC-RES 12 month" to 2013-09-02, to adjust your start date. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

carcajou

Riviere-Beaudette, QC
Then it was pretty good. Congratulation