Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird

Re: FBI begins installation of $1 bil face recognition system

Yes, it has already been a real headache for some here as they have no birth certificates. Then there are those, like myself, who were born in another state and have to request an original birth certificate from the other state which takes some time. Luckily, I have an original copy with the watermark/seal (that is required...no watermark...no acceptance of the certificate by DMV) in my safe deposit box for years now so I don't have to hassle with that. The thing is almost unreadable though. It was done on an old copying machine that made the background black and you can barely read it.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Yes, it has already been a real headache for some here as they have no birth certificates.

Seems a common problem in Hawaii
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Oh....don't get started on that one!!!

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Some time ago, I elected to use my passport for ID when flying, and that's one of the key reasons I always keep it current. As long as I can avoid going through the lines at the license branch to get REAL ID, it's worth it. Bottom line: if you want to fly, you'll have to provide pretty much the same data for REAL ID as you do for a passport.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 edit

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

Some time ago, I elected to use my passport for ID when flying, and that's one of the key reasons I always keep it current.

I haven't flown for a few years now (used to all the time for business) so I guess I'll keep my passport current too. In some cases (e.g. to open a PO box) you need two gummint issued photo ID's.

Edit: My bad. Just two ID's.