share rss forum feed

puppy

join:2010-01-28

1 edit
reply to Josof

Re: GW2:Warrior Thread

said by Josof:

5 signet warriors overpowered?

My warrior hit 24 over the weekend and this is what I am running. I think definitely OP at lower levels but I'm already seeing my crit chance drop from 95% to 80%s. Since this does not impact PvP or even level 80 PvE, I doubt they will fix it. Meanwhile it's fun though.

Most of the guides run greatsword but I have a huge preference to double axes, which has a skill to put vulnerability on target and 2 AOEs (#2 and #5). I also don't like that greatsword whirlwind ability that you have to target, annoying in the heat of battle.

The #5 AOE practically fills up the rage bar by itself, so I usually do #4 (vulnerability on target), rage strike (tons of dmg), #5 then #2. Not many mobs live through that and you hit a ton of people around you.

BTW what makes the warrior a lot more leveling-friendly is the charge ability on the warhorn. 10second of swiftness, 20sec cooldown. Whee!

Edit: Want to give a shoutout to longbow as well. Love the AOE dps on that, I prefer it more than the warrior gun or even the ranger bows. Kinda sad actually, makes me not want to play my ranger at all :P

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

said by puppy:

said by Josof:

5 signet warriors overpowered?

My warrior hit 24 over the weekend and this is what I am running. I think definitely OP at lower levels but I'm already seeing my crit chance drop from 95% to 80%s. Since this does not impact PvP or even level 80 PvE, I doubt they will fix it. Meanwhile it's fun though.

Most of the guides run greatsword but I have a huge preference to double axes, which has a skill to put vulnerability on target and 2 AOEs (#2 and #5). I also don't like that greatsword whirlwind ability that you have to target, annoying in the heat of battle.

The #5 AOE practically fills up the rage bar by itself, so I usually do #4 (vulnerability on target), rage strike (tons of dmg), #5 then #2. Not many mobs live through that and you hit a ton of people around you.

BTW what makes the warrior a lot more leveling-friendly is the charge ability on the warhorn. 10second of swiftness, 20sec cooldown. Whee!

Edit: Want to give a shoutout to longbow as well. Love the AOE dps on that, I prefer it more than the warrior gun or even the ranger bows. Kinda sad actually, makes me not want to play my ranger at all :P

For some reason greatsword feels off to me. It does have nice AoE skills though.

Dual wielding is alot of fun as well, the only difference from your setup is i went main hand sword/off hand axe. I took sword for the bleeds and went down the trait line that enhances bleeds/crits.

Longbow is awesome. Seems like the rifle is more single target/pvp friendly. Going rifle for now because of the bleeds as well.

What do you think? it seems

Greatsword=pve aoe
2h hammer=pvp aoe

longbow=pve ranged aoes
rifle=pvp?

it doesnt really matter, its all so much fun!
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

puppy

join:2010-01-28

I have no idea about pvp but definitely hammer/rifle seems to fit more for single targets.

Try double axes, the AOE is crazy and lots of flashing for eye candy. #5 on axe you turn into "The Last Starfighter" when he uses his mega weapon, haha ^_^