aerith
Premium Member
join:2008-12-31
Milpitas, CA

aerith to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar

Re: Surprising that California isn't green

To me, I am NOT surprised that California is not in "green", when it comes to HD streaming, especially with Netflix in "rich" Los Gatos, CA.

In Netflix's Los Gatos area, the only two options are Comcrap, which is terrible, and Verizon, but no FIOS.

Los Gatos was an ex-GTE market, until Verizon bought out GTE.

Even though one can buy a Lamborghini in Los Gatos, Verizon will not deploy FIOS over there, yet Verizon will deploy FIOS in more crime-ridden Long Beach.

The broadband status in most of the SF Bay Area, is very poor, at best, and as I said in another topic, there will be no true fiber optic solutions, for maybe now forever, because stupid Google didn't want to start in Mountain View.

I am definitely considering a move to Long Beach, and getting out of this SF Bay Area broadband hellhole.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

said by aerith:

To me, I am NOT surprised that California is not in "green", when it comes to HD streaming, especially with Netflix in "rich" Los Gatos, CA.

In Netflix's Los Gatos area, the only two options are Comcrap, which is terrible, and Verizon, but no FIOS.

Los Gatos was an ex-GTE market, until Verizon bought out GTE.

Even though one can buy a Lamborghini in Los Gatos, Verizon will not deploy FIOS over there, yet Verizon will deploy FIOS in more crime-ridden Long Beach.

The broadband status in most of the SF Bay Area, is very poor, at best, and as I said in another topic, there will be no true fiber optic solutions, for maybe now forever, because stupid Google didn't want to start in Mountain View.

I am definitely considering a move to Long Beach, and getting out of this SF Bay Area broadband hellhole.

There are a lot of people who would love to be able to subscribe to Comcast. As crappy as they are, their service is much less crappy than a vast amount of the connections out there.
en103
join:2011-05-02

en103

Don't forget - there are a lot of 'rural' Californians as well.
I'm sure that there are many in parts of the high desert as well as the central valley as well as the few up in the north west parts of California that can't get better than 2Mbps.

Rural areas don't always have cable, and DSL 'may' be available.