i LOLd
@videotron.ca

i LOLd to BACONATOR26

Anon

to BACONATOR26

Re: CRTC Hearings - 10 Sept 12

LOL

[Bell] said the decision was "tainted by behind-the-scenes lobbying"

Umm, Bell provided an "All expenses paid Bell Box in Montreal for vice-chairman of broadcasting at the Canadian Radio-Television".
»All expenses paid for hockey night to CRTC guy by Bell

The pot is calling the kettle black here folks.

I get the feeling Bell is pissed off for doling out the cash and perks for those who can help them and now fell flat on their face.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

No kidding. I also heard Rogers is saying they are glad the deal didn't go through. Considering that they also must be behind the door golf buddies with Bell, they're all putting Bell in a corner. No one will take their side anymore. Poor Bhell.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to BACONATOR26

Anon

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

That's funny but if Cabinet finds that Bell would indeed own a significant share, then I'm pretty sure they will also rule in favour of the CRTC's decision. It doesn't take an idiot to see that buy out would do significant harm.

Seems they can't run to cabinet on this one. Or so says the CRTC:

A CRTC official said the decision could be challenged at the Federal Court of Appeals, but that the Harper cabinet could not overrule it because it does not entail issuance or renewal of a licence.

But Bell will whine and try anyhow since... you know... they make "political contributions" (which makes Montreal's construction & political conspiracy looks like kids play).

Oh how I see Bell internet and TV going up in price soon.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by hm :

Oh how I see Bell internet and TV going up in price soon.

With the way things are going, Bell will soon be a small corner, wholesalers will own more TV and internet customers. At which point they will either have to be nicer or go down in flames. Either way, win for us.

WayITworks
@videotron.ca

WayITworks to BACONATOR26

Anon

to BACONATOR26
If I was Blais I'd be careful. Bet Bell is going to pull every string possible to get him removed. If this guy so much as farts in a funny way Bell is going to know about it. Bet they are digging for dirt now.

But I'm still not convinced about this new CRTC guy. Could all be smoke and mirrors for what's to come. After so many years of the CRTC allowing people to be treated like Bell's personal wallet, this could all be a show to say, "see we've changed. We actually protect consumers". Then drive the knife in deeper while we don't expect it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to i LOLd

Premium Member

to i LOLd
And remember who CTV is owned by.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to hm

Premium Member

to hm
If the Federal Court of Appeal upholds the CRTC, this will make it's way to the Supreme court, I don't see Bell giving up on this.

Poli Favors
@videotron.ca

Poli Favors

Anon

said by elwoodblues:

If the Federal Court of Appeal upholds the CRTC, this will make it's way to the Supreme court, I don't see Bell giving up on this.

Nope, and that's where current governments appointed people come in, as said above. Money has far reaches.

more LOLs
@videotron.ca

more LOLs

Anon

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 4622268/

BCE lined up dozens of producers who attested to its promised generosity and good corporate name. It announced the creation of a $15-million production company with the Cirque du Soleil, and pledged $40-million that would help bring high-speed Internet service to the North. But the CRTC recognized that BCE regarded its $200-million package of so-called tangible benefits as just the price of doing business, rather than a necessary investment in Canadian culture.

The company, in other words, didn’t really care about content, as long as it made a profit.

“BCE did not express a vision for radio,” noted Mr. Blais during his press conference Thursday, looking mildly peeved. “It made no firm commitments regarding local and spoken word programming, or the promotion of emerging Canadian artists.” He explained further than Bell’s enormous share of the English-language TV market would be terrible for consumers, and that the company had not even acknowledged there was a legitimate reason for concern.

“At the end of the day, BCE demonstrated clearly that the proposed transaction was good for BCE, but we were not persuaded that it was in the best interests of Canadians. Our only option was to deny the transaction.”

LOL we'll toss around 200-million dollars to make people happy as long as it goes through. Makes me wonder how much they really stood to gain to have this go through.

200-million. Yup. Makes the construction-political-mafia inquiry going on in Quebec seem petty next to this. 200-million buys off a lot of high placed people (1-percenters).

Dirt Digging
@videotron.ca

Dirt Digging to elwoodblues

Anon

to elwoodblues
said by i LOLd :

LOL

Umm, Bell provided an "All expenses paid Bell Box in Montreal for vice-chairman of broadcasting at the Canadian Radio-Television".

The pot is calling the kettle black here folks.

I get the feeling Bell is pissed off for doling out the cash and perks for those who can help them and now fell flat on their face.

said by elwoodblues:

And remember who CTV is owned by.

Very true. Very true.

You may like this one.

CBC:
»www.cbc.ca/news/business ··· ell.html

BCE accuses the CRTC of allowing senior officials to meet with cable companies multiple times in the days before the commission began public hearings on the takeover bid, but denied BCE any such consultations.

The company said that calls "into question the impartiality of the entire process."

Let us re-iterated a pay-off here:
"All expenses paid Bell Box in Montreal for vice-chairman of broadcasting at the Canadian Radio-Television".

Bell is now digging for dirt as predicted. More dirt is going to come now, just wait and see. They just more or less called the new CRTC chair and the entire process: biased, prejudiced and non-neutral.

Starting to get juicy now....

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg

Premium Member

How long before the queen loses her head?

I could see BCE pissing off the Gov enough with repeated petulance that the result could be effective separation of infrastructure and content.

Won't hold my breath tho as a lot of clams are in the balance.
mazhurg

mazhurg to i LOLd

Premium Member

to i LOLd

Re: CRTC Hearings -- Bell merger denied!

said by i LOLd :

LOL

Finding it quite hilarious that CTV has the comment section turned off.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to WayITworks

Premium Member

to WayITworks

Re: CRTC Hearings - 10 Sept 12

Absolutely, they are going to dig deep into Blais, get him removed and out their stooge Pentfountas in.

ConRad
@anonymouse.org

ConRad to mazhurg

Anon

to mazhurg

Bell CRTC handbook
It says right here in my Bell CRTC chairman handbook zat ve do not go against ze Bell since the mublehurtz are not enough to fight netflix.

On page 8954 it saiz, Ve must serve bell's board of directors or ve are corrupt.

What does the new Chair Jean-Pierre Blaise have to zay about dis? Can he not read ze Bell handbook for ze CRTC chair?

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to elwoodblues

Anon

to elwoodblues
Cogeco expected to make an offer for Astral
»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 4622241/

dsa
@bell.ca

dsa

Anon

This was all about the other companies calling for help to buy Astral , corruption
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Dirt Digging

Premium Member

to Dirt Digging
said by Dirt Digging :

I wonder if we can find out how Pentefountas voted?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by Dirt Digging :

I made an inquiry. See where it goes.

Anything
@videotron.ca

Anything

Anon

said by elwoodblues:

said by MaynardKrebs:

Any reply?
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

This^^^

Bump.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Anything

Premium Member

to Anything
said by Anything :

said by elwoodblues:

said by MaynardKrebs:

Any reply?

I got an answer back regurgitating the press release,I asked again, nothing back.