spc
uniqs

Vertigo
@myvzw.com

Vertigo to GERNSD

Anon

to GERNSD

Re: [TWC] Motorola DRV DCX3510-M

I'm guessing the DCX3510 uses Navigator instead of the iGuide. The new Motorola boxes use an internet connection to download guide data I believe. I had missing channels when going from an iGuide box to Naviagtor but pulling the plug fixed it. Try unplugging the box for a minute then plugging it back in.

GERNSD
@rr.com

GERNSD

Anon

Thanks for the response. Re-booting doesn't help. In fact, TW has replaced the 3510 with another 3510 and the problem persists. The model I have is the Navigator system. I would appreciate any other ideas or comments that readers might have

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by GERNSD :

Thanks for the response. Re-booting doesn't help. In fact, TW has replaced the 3510 with another 3510 and the problem persists. The model I have is the Navigator system. I would appreciate any other ideas or comments that readers might have

the channel change issue could just be a problem of navigator on the motorola DCX3510 and a software update will fix the issue,

PS did you actually have the Call ID on TV feature on iGuide in the main menu and the startover/lookback options?

GERNSD
@rr.com

GERNSD

Anon

No, I did not have caller ID with the DCX 3400 (presumably iGuide); that is why TW switched out the 3400 for the 3510-M. I think it is also a software glitch but so far TW is stumped.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by GERNSD :

No, I did not have caller ID with the DCX 3400 (presumably iGuide); that is why TW switched out the 3400 for the 3510-M. I think it is also a software glitch but so far TW is stumped.

hmm I wonder when Carlsbad will get the iGuide software update that Dallas and Los Angeles got that enabled caller id on tv and startover/lookback for iGuide and added some other nifty features such as:

3D guide support for top and bottom/ side by side display of the guide by pressing the PIP on/off key on the atlas remote.

Closed captioning in the setup menu instead of having to power the box off.

Zoom feature is enabled on the DCX3400 by pressing the zoom key on the altas remote.

14 day guide is restored

Caller id option is in the main menu

Startover/lookback are available by pressing menu on the remote and going to the startover/lookback button in the quick menu or follow the popups on a startover/lookback enabled show.

Vertigo
@myvzw.com

Vertigo

Anon

I'm in the Los Angeles region and my DCX3400 got the iguide upgrade with caller ID, look back and start over back in June. Look back and start over work but the caller ID only works for about 1 in 5 calls. Its clear they haven't perfected the iGuide implementation. I swapped an old DCX3200 for a DCX3200-M with Navigator and the caller ID works flawlessly on that.

That said, Navigator is a lot buggier than the iGuide and Time Warner has not yet upgraded us to the new guide. In fact, we are still on 5.1.0_6 which is rumored to be the buggiest version yet.

Did San Diego Motorola M boxes get the upgrade yet?
Vertigo

Vertigo to motorola870

Anon

to motorola870
By the way, how is the speed of the DCX3510 when compared to the DCX3400? I've considered swapping for one to get remote DVR access.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Vertigo

to Vertigo
said by Vertigo :

I'm in the Los Angeles region and my DCX3400 got the iguide upgrade with caller ID, look back and start over back in June. Look back and start over work but the caller ID only works for about 1 in 5 calls. Its clear they haven't perfected the iGuide implementation. I swapped an old DCX3200 for a DCX3200-M with Navigator and the caller ID works flawlessly on that.

That said, Navigator is a lot buggier than the iGuide and Time Warner has not yet upgraded us to the new guide. In fact, we are still on 5.1.0_6 which is rumored to be the buggiest version yet.

Did San Diego Motorola M boxes get the upgrade yet?

yeah Dallas got the new features on iGuide in July so I am guessing Socal was a test market for the new iGuide version.