share rss forum feed

cwcjr

join:2002-08-02
Huntsville, AL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology

Footprint Managed Cache Protocol Footprint 4.8/FPMCP

If you use some domain tools to gather information on the Public IP address that your ISP provides you, you may well find that all your communications are passing through the subject Transparent Proxy. The IP address seems to change (similar to the Anonymous browsing schemes) but always seems to involve Level3.

If you try to find out any information about it on the internet, it is as though it does not exist or is constantly being erased. The link site provided of www.footprint.net seems to not be able to be found, but you can Traceroute to it?? Transparent Proxies that refuse to allow information about themselves to remain on the internet, would seem to a privacy and security risk.

I guess Big Brother really is watching (ala G.Orwell's 1984 or the new TV series Person of Interest).

I wonder ???

cwcjr

join:2002-08-02
Huntsville, AL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology

2 edits
The information about the transparent proxy was obtained from Domain Tools using the my-ip information tool. Following their terms of service, it was inappropriate to post the detailed information showing that all communications are being passed through the subject transparent proxy.

You are being watched...