share rss forum feed

qworster

join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS

[Equipment] Is this whacked or what?

Six and a half years ago, I cancelled ViaTalk. They never sent me a box nor a return address to return the Linksys ATA, so a year later when I was packing to move moved I threw it into a box (I think) and put the box in storage at a friend's warehouse in Massachusetts (I moved to California). It's still there - somewhere - maybe.

Six months ago ViaTalk finally realized they never got their ATA back - and are now bugging me to return it.

It's been six years people. I have no idea when I will get to MA to even look for it. Give it a rest!

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

As I understand it when you cancel with ViaTalk, they charge you $50 for the ATA and then credit it back when it is returned. Did you pay that 'deposit' back then? If so, you have paid for the ATA and you could keep it since that is more convenient than tracking it down. If not, I really don't know what to tell you. I suspect their options are limited due to the time that has passed and that I am sure they don't have a valid credit card number from you anymore.

As far as a box and return address go - you could have used the original box the unit was shipped in to you and you could have asked them for the address.

I suspect you didn't get charged the $50 as that would have gotten your attention. Good luck and follow up if more happens.