spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Simpletwist

@ottawahospital.on.ca

Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO

Here is the copy of the letter I just sent to the CEO of Teksavvy detailing the bullshit they put me through this weekend. In all my years of Rogers/Bell I have never never experienced customer service this bad or an ISP with so little control over its own function.

"Hello Marc

I'm sure this email will fall on deaf ears as I've learned in the last few days that, despite my totally devoted loyalty and praise of your company as what I thought was the David in the Canadian-telecom-Goliath scenario, I have since learned that you are all truly the same.

Over a month ago I put in a request for my service to be moved, In attempt to be proactive and to minimize any screw ups like the ones that arose when I first signed up.(another Teksavvy nightmare) There was some confusion as to the new address, once I realized the mistake I had made I called in the next day to clarify and to confirm that the correct address was on file and that everything was set for the installation on Saturday. I was overly assured by your CSR that despite the fact I still had not received a conformation email that the installation was booked and the new address was updated.

Flash forward to Saturday Sept 8. We had already been living in the house for a over a week waiting patiently for our service to be restored, at the same time continuing to maintaining another property just so we could still to have Internet access as my girlfriend requires it for work with Industry Canada. I had taken the day off (cost of $124.10 net) and we waited patiently for the installer to arrive, he called at 8:20 claiming he would be there soon at 8:30 he called back asking where we were. Turns out he had gone to the previous address that had not been changed as per his work order. I begged him to come in the house and just set it up, but he refused, at the same time I had your CSR on the phone who could provide no solution to the problem only to put all the blame on Rogers leaving me THE CUSTOMER stuck in the middle of these two arguing parties, a place I didn't want to be first thing on a Saturday morning I just wanted the Internet I was promised and had diligently followed the correct procedure to get.
I need to preface my mental state at the time before the installer had even called I received an phone call from my brother in tears, it seems a very close family friend had gone missing back home in Nova Scotia and a manhunt was on, all that we knew is that the only thing he took with him was his boots and his shotgun and walked out into the woods > So lets just say I was in no mood for any of this crap. After waiting for a half an hour outside my house the installer left, not his fault he's contracted out and had other places to go. I called Teksavvy back demanding to speak to a supervisor, your CSR was apologetic, polite and told me I'd be compensated, well that level of customer service quickly dissipated when I was put on with your "Supervisor" Mac who immediately offered no solutions, told me there was nothing he would do, I would not be compensated and that the soonest he could reschedule would be 6 days from Saturday. This I won't lie angered me and I was absolutely voicing my displeasure, now having previously been a CSR for Telus High Speed I know what you can and can't do in his position, and what he did went well beyond that line, he starts screaming at me at the top of his lungs so loud and out of control it freaked me out to the point much I asked him to please stop which made him explode and after another few minutes of screaming he just hung up.

Frustrated and without any options I called Rogers, hoping they could be of more help on their end, of course they can't touch or see anything related to Teksavvy but the generosity and pleasantry of their support staff had me wishing I was back with them (can't believe I just said that) Their supervisor was even nice enough to offer to call Teksavvy back and conference call in in an attempt to solve the issue. Unfortunately the 30 min wait time must have been an issue and when I finally got through he was no longer on the line. I spoke with your CSR and was informed that there was still nothing they could do and I hung up, next thing I knew I received two email confirming my service had been cancelled completely without my permission, another 20 min later and I finally got a hold of the same CSR, i asked to speak to supervisor Mac again and when the CSR came back he told me, he wouldn't speak with me but I could now pick 3 dates starting the next day (Sunday) not 6 days out like I had been previously offered. Seeing I had no choice and was being held hostage by your total inability to have control over your own installations, I agreed to a installer coming in the next 3 days, it was confirmed and I hung up the phone to go call my grieving family back.

Sunday morning came and of course no installer and no confirmation email. I agreed to take another day off and wait (cost of $124.10 net) still no installer and no email. Convinced I had been lied to just to get me off the phone I called in again and asking immediately for a supervisor. After reviewing my case he Chris told me that due to the multiple attempts Rogers was now requesting a new order be created making my install date 5 days away, at this point I had accepted the fact the Teksavvy pathetically has no power at all when it comes to its own installations and is at the whim of Rogers, at least that's the image your CSRs convey. I gave up and accepted the date. At this point I only wanted compensation, now this is the area where teksavvy actually does have some control, where you could differential yourself from the telecoms and actually prove you give a shit about us. I was offered two weeks free! It was slap in the face...What I had asked for was 4 months free (conservatively equivalent to the wages lost because of your screw up) and my $65 "moving fee" reimbursed, since why should I have to pay for the hell I just got put through? This modest request was essentially laughed at and I was told it would have to be reviewed. About an hour late I receive another call offering me 6 weeks of free service (another slap in the face) or they would pay my setup and first month with a different Internet provider!? I was shocked, I've been a great customer, pay on time every time, never complain, adhere to the rules and guidelines etc... not to mention the fact I religiously spread the Teksavvy gospel not just in person but all over the web and now to be told that after everything they put me through on such an already terrible day, that now they just wanted to drop me and force me to go through this all over again with another company, I was absolutely shocked. Are you guys really doing that well that you just dump customers the second they have a problem with the terrible incompetent service they are force to experience?

I'm sure like those that work for you you do not care about my problem, maybe at one point you would have when Teksavvy was the scrappy insurgency into the Canadian ISP market but now it seems you've not only caught up with but have surpassed Rogers and Bell in sheer apathy towards your customers which probably doesn't both you but hey it didn't bother Dell either and lets be honest it was one of the bigger nails in their coffin.
I'll be posting this letter on Teksavvy forums as well as a slew of others, it would be great if I could follow it up with a positive response from you. Now if you'll excuse me I have to shop for a new ISP that i can use my DOCSIS 3 modem with, sigh.

Thank you for your time

TLDR - Teksavvy screwed up, got screamed at by CSR, refused to compensate, still no internet service."

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

This should be in the Teksavvy Forum, the fanbois will dance on your head.

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia

2 recommendations

said by elwoodblues:

This should be in the Teksavvy Forum, the fanbois will dance on your head.

Screw the fanbois TSI needs a kick in the pants. Oh, how I miss the days of old TSI before they bloated into Bellsavvy.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Simpletwist

quote:
This I won't lie angered me and I was absolutely voicing my displeasure, now having previously been a CSR for Telus High Speed I know what you can and can't do in his position, and what he did went well beyond that line, he starts screaming at me at the top of his lungs so loud and out of control it freaked me out to the point much I asked him to please stop which made him explode and after another few minutes of screaming he just hung up.
wow wtf

TSI James
TSI James
Premium
join:2008-02-22
reply to Simpletwist

»TekSavvy Direct

Simpletwist

I am sorry to hear about the situation...can you please post your account inforamtion in our direct area and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
--
TSI James - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13

1 recommendation

reply to Simpletwist

Sounds like a typical TSI episode to me, except for the screaming CSR.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by mlord:

Sounds like a typical TSI episode to me, except for the screaming CSR.

Nothing new here and yeh except for the screaming CSR. If this is really true then, I got nothing nice to say about TSI!!!

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13

1 recommendation

Funny thing is, I (still) really like TSI, but make no mistake: their customer "service" is non-existent, or worse. Thinking about it makes me feel sad.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to Simpletwist

I did one heck of a lot of downloading from the hospital back in the days of user based billing in Ottawa. Very good wireless, that's what they have.

Expand your moderator at work

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to TSI James

Re: Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO

said by TSI James:

»TekSavvy Direct

Simpletwist

I am sorry to hear about the situation...can you please post your account inforamtion in our direct area and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

I find it ironic how Teksavvy loves to hide behind the "Direct Forum". Yes it's important that Simpletwist's private information is kept private, but the end result is important to the community at hand.

Almost everytime someone bitches and complains about an issue with Teksavvy, it gets whisked off to the direct forum and the thread dies.

Simpletwist, short of divulging private information, it would be appreciated if you could post the results of you posting in the direct forum.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to Simpletwist

WOW. This is a terrible story. So, I received your email at 3:06, I opened it at 4:45 after getting out of a meeting and immediately followed up internally and sent you an email only to be told they were already looking into it and posted this thread as a reference. You started this thread at 3:22.

I'm really sorry to hear this but dude, you have to give me a chance to work things.

So.. why did Mac yell, I'd love to hear that call. There's no excuse for that.. Why did the address get submitted wrong in the first place. Seems everything snowballed from there.

I'll look into it further and report back.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

said by TSI James:

»TekSavvy Direct

Simpletwist

Thanks,

I find it ironic how Teksavvy loves to hide behind the "Direct Forum". Yes it's important that Simpletwist's private information is kept private, but the end result is important to the community at hand.

Almost everytime someone bitches and complains about an issue with Teksavvy, it gets whisked off to the direct forum and the thread dies.

Simpletwist, short of divulging private information, it would be appreciated if you could post the results of you posting in the direct forum.

We do that because we don't know who the customer is. Looks like James responded at the same time I emailed him.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

I understand that Marc, and as I indicated I do respect the privacy of the complainant (and many have been told to edit their posts when they post personal information).

But now it's shoved off to the direct forum and we'll not hear what happen unless Simpletwist tell us.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 edit

I hear you.. I'm here now so you'll know what happened. I don't expect the staff to do what I'm doing now. It's very difficult to manage these threads especially when the emotions are running high.

What's been reported to me so far is that it's largely as the OP says from initial look at it, it's clear that we did indeed drop the ball. It's not the first thread I see where the address that was initially given was a mistake and then when they corrected it, it didn't end up going through properly. So I want to chase that down. But it's the call with Mac that seems to have sent this situation over the edge. So, I'm waiting to hear back on that front.

edit: just listened to internal call between front line tech and Mac just before transfereing customer to talk directly to Mac. Mac waited patiently the whole time waiting to talk to Rogers field tech. His initial assessment was that we submitted it correctly to Rogers but somehow there was a mistake made on their end. Waiting to find call where Mac talks to OP/Field tech. That call was 13 minutes long.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON
reply to Simpletwist

Wow, Its unfortunate posts like this are becoming so frequent. Its sad to see a great company go down like this.
Keep us posted on what they will do for you, good luck.

FKharper

@bell.ca
reply to Simpletwist

Unfortunately your story as been extremely common with Teksavvy as of late. I'm sure the CEO will come here and explain this not the norm and this will be ok next week.. That's been the line for the last few months. Very sad to see how bad they have became.

I wish you good luck, keep us posted what happens and how they will fix this for you.

TheZandrew

join:2011-01-04
reply to TSI Marc

Realistically, there have been way to many "snowballed" stories here. Ever since my ordeal with TSI, i've frequented these forums and lost count of the horror stories. There's basically a fresh one every few days.

At the end of the day, people like myself who used to recommend Teksavvy USED to say "go with Teksavvy, good support, good value, and none of the Bell/Rogers BS"... Well, I cant say that to my friends anymore, I have to tell them its basically a crap shoot without solid support that used to be legendary. Why? Im not willing to recommend anything subpar to my friends and risk my good name for doing so.

Instead of spending money on marketing, how about more solid support? I bet you a good majority of the people that frequent this forum is the person friends and family turn to for computer, electronics and internet advice. The beauty of being THAT GUY is that your word carries weight, which far outweighs a poster in the subway.

"Slow and steady wins the race", and as a former customer, I have a simple request. Please dont become another Air Canada, rapid expansions sacrifices too much. Are you really willing to sacrifice the name and reputation of your company for profits?

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to tonytoronto

said by tonytoronto:

Wow, Its unfortunate posts like this are becoming so frequent. Its sad to see a great company go down like this.
Keep us posted on what they will do for you, good luck.

One word:

Perception.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 recommendation

reply to Simpletwist

I feel bad for the whole account, but i'm anxiously waiting for Marc to confirm or deny that Mac really did scream at the guy. That part is what get's my blood boiling if it were true.

If true it'd be immediate suspension/termination if it were my employee. You DO NOT do that. Defuse the situation or hand it to someone else if you're getting to amped up.

I hope you'll let the community know Marc. Obviously you're now on a slight damage control and i really do try to love what Teksavvy stands for but man, sell the business start over lets go back to how you guys used to be :/ You were the crown jewel of the mix in Canada. You even had people in the States cheering you on.

anon234

@teksavvy.com
reply to Simpletwist

It's a known fact that people will go out of their way to complain or publicize a bad story.

Regardless of how bad this is I'm still sticking with TSI.
After years with Bell and Rogers, and watching the antics of the CRTC I know who the real bad guys are.

In a sense, we are fortunate that TSI are around to fight the good fight. I can't imagine how much worse things would be without them.

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Tx

When was the last time Bell or Rogers CEO hopped onto the DSL reports forums? If the facts all check out it certainly represents something gone horribly wrong. However at least the person that has power to change things is looking into it.

Any ISP is capable of and likely has royally screwed things up in the past. My Bell DSL move order years ago was delayed almost a month and took a post to dslreports to get fixed.

Lately there are alot more reports about the ball being dropped more frequently. It's really hard to say though if it is worse than before as a overall percentage of the user base or if things are the same but reported more often because there are so many more users. Anecdotally I've had two install experiences this year and both were as smooth as anything.

On the flip side reading some of the stories over the last few months there have been some hints about increased CSR stress and increased terse interactions with some customers. There is also a certain level of powerlessness being expressed about dealing with no shows and other incumbent challenges which I imagine is taking its toll. Imagine being in the shoes of the support person who's only tool is to reschedule an appointment, not being able to promise if the tech will come and not able to explain why the no show happened. It's certainly an area TSI needs to think hard about. As Marc said in another thread, Bell (or whoever) could be more responsive in the cases but aren't (by choice or by neglect?). On the other hand it's not like rogers doesn't do no-shows to it's own customers too.

I have heard of techs visiting install locations the next day to make sure things worked out OK. I'm a little unclear if they are Rogers staff or hired by TSI to follow-up. If its the later I wonder how much more effort would it take to get these guys qualified to do the install themselves if it wasn't done properly the day prior by rogers?

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to anon234

said by anon234 :

It's a known fact that people will go out of their way to complain or publicize a bad story.

Your attempt to criticize the OP because people "go out of their way" to publicize a bad story is absolutely far fetched.

Let's say Rogers for example. You realize how many are TRULY happy with them? More than you even realize. You hear bad stories because as you grow as do complaints. It's how the business handles the complaints is what sets them apart.

Marc is a good dude. More transparent then he needs to be sometimes but that doesn't solve this issue if it rings true. Teksavvy as a name may be a great company but his few bad apples are destroying it. If this Mac guy did in deed do as the OP said, doesn't matter who Teksavvy is, that's unacceptable. Unfortunately i sure hope no one expects answers if it rang true due to privacy issues in the work place, Marc's hands are tied if you wanted to know what happened with Mac if true.

What proves a story over and over is that everyone that does complain, usually says the same thing about the CSR on the phone.

You love TSI so much, prove everyone wrong and cancel your service and re order it and see if you're singing the same tune if a CSR or Rogers mishandle the address information or play dumb.

Everything is golden........until it's not.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to graniterock

said by graniterock:

When was the last time Bell or Rogers CEO hopped onto the DSL reports forums? If the facts all check out it certainly represents something gone horribly wrong. However at least the person that has power to change things is looking into it.

Indie vs the big guys. Other ISP's are on this forum and the owners and staff chat there too. Point is, i wasn't even complaining. Not sure what your point is?

Your point is also irrelevant to the issues at hand if what was told rings true about a supervisor screaming. Not trying to argue, but Marc could buy everyone beers every weekend, it doesn't change what is systematically wrong if a CSR is screaming at customers.

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to anon234

said by anon234 :

I think TekSavvy offers one of the best internet products in the industry. My experience has been perfect. For example, the support staff phoned me well ahead of time to let me know the install date was going to slip by a couple of days. My install date slipped into March ... which meant installation fell into the "free install" promo time period. TekSavvy billing made the adjustment automatically, and retroactively. What more could I ask? Nothing. A+++ service.

Luckily I did everything in my power to not have much interaction with technical support. I even got a Sagemcom modem to avoid having to deal with the whole CellPipe fiasco.

It's clear that when things go wrong you may need the patience of a saint. I accept that as fair trade for a lower monthly cost. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. I am very concerned when my luck runs out that I may have a CSR go ballistic on me. That would not be acceptable under any circumstances.

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
kudos:1
reply to Simpletwist

Teksavvy has been going down the tubes for a long time, I used to be a reseller for them but they started making so many screw ups and the customer support went from great to crap. The CSR's are useless when it comes to anything order wise, appt's being missed all the time, or information not being enter right by csr's then when you call in for help they just offer lot's of empty promises to get you off the phone. I know myself that I will never refer or use Teksavvy ever again until they get their act together.
Oh, and everything is Bells and Rogers fault. No ownership from Teksavvy at all.

TSI Danielle
Premium
join:2012-05-31
kudos:11
reply to Simpletwist

Simpletwist,

Would you be able to PM me the phone number the call was made from? The manager working on the issue wants to make sure the full string of calls is reviewed.

Thanks.
Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.