Think Jerry Springer or this »www.youtube.com/user/fam ··· lts_main

Mental images... oh man....

Mike

Simpletwist
@ottawahospital.on.ca

Simpletwist to MaynardKrebs

Anon

to MaynardKrebs
Marc I had no idea this thing had snowballed into a 6 page thread, wow. Feeling a mix of pride and guilt right now. Sorry for making my issue so public but we all know that social media is the only true power that the consumer has anymore and judging by the responses there are more than a few people out there with things to vent about.

That said...Sweet sassy moulassy I finally got me some interweb!! A CSR called yesterday informing me my install had been moved up a day early, so that was good. The installer (same guy who wouldn't come in a week ago) showed up an hour earlier than the window and was very apologetic about last weeks issue. He was in and out in 5 min but my GF couldn't get it working so I came home for lunch. Did everything I could think of and still nuthin. I called in and got the IVR telling me about the Ottawa wide DHCP issue so I figured thats what was going on but I wanted conformation so I stayed on hold to get it.

38 minutes later I speak with TSIAnthony who goes through the usual run through, after a while we determine its my unattached wireless router (power still plugged in) causing the interference, and as soon as it was unplugged BAM! dataflow. Did a speed test and hit almost 50mbps so now I'm happy back online.

As someone earlier mentioned - it's true, the majority of the people that have come over to Teksavvy are just that; Tech Savvy. We are the go to "IT" people in our groups of friends/families and are words carry weight for those less technically inclined. We came here to get away from the big telecom bullshit, the throttling, the useless, uninformed customer/technical support. So when we experience it here, our oasis from the bullshit it stings extra deep. I wanted to leave TS so bad this week but looking out over my options I knew there was no where else to go and that fact only made me, and I'm sure all of those here with issues, even more angry.

In the end I'm not happy about the way I was treated. I'll forgive Mac for going nuts on me and yelling because I was being an asshole and I feel bad about the things I said. But the reality is he's getting paid to take it,and he could have just hung up instead of losing his cool. Marc give him a weekend off would ya, he needs it?

Also still not happy about my service being cancelled, I did sputter out that I wanted to cancel and then while being transferred to customer service I hung up before speaking with anyone, next thing I know I have emails telling me my service has been cut without my permission...that seemed to be done out of spite so ya that part still pisses me off.

I am happy I have internet now and I am happy that your attention to this matter has proven that Teksavvy still can provide that personal level of service I was looking for when I made the jump from Rogers.

Thanks Mark

PS - The reason for the address screw up in the first place was - A month ago I was moving out of my apartment planning on moving into GF's condo, call TS to setup the move, all is well. Two days later my GF and I find a house to rent so I call back TS to inform them of the address change all is well though the lack of confirmation email has me concerned, so I called back inquiring about it but I was assured that everything was ok...I should have followed up with Rogers, that was my mistake.
Simpletwist

Simpletwist to MaynardKrebs

Anon

to MaynardKrebs
Marc I had no idea this thing had snowballed into a 6 page thread, wow. Feeling a mix of pride and guilt right now. Sorry for making my issue so public but we all know that social media is the only true power that the consumer has anymore and judging by the responses there are more than a few people out there with things to vent about.

That said...Sweet sassy moulassy I finally got me some interweb!! A CSR called yesterday informing me my install had been moved up a day early, so that was good. The installer (same guy who wouldn't come in a week ago) showed up an hour earlier than the window and was very apologetic about last weeks issue. He was in and out in 5 min but my GF couldn't get it working so I came home for lunch. Did everything I could think of and still nuthin. I called in and got the IVR telling me about the Ottawa wide DHCP issue so I figured thats what was going on but I wanted conformation so I stayed on hold to get it.

38 minutes later I speak with TSIAnthony who goes through the usual run through, after a while we determine its my unattached wireless router (power still plugged in) causing the interference, and as soon as it was unplugged BAM! dataflow. Did a speed test and hit almost 50mbps so now I'm happy back online.

As someone earlier mentioned - it's true, the majority of the people that have come over to Teksavvy are just that; Tech Savvy. We are the go to "IT" people in our groups of friends/families and are words carry weight for those less technically inclined. We came here to get away from the big telecom bullshit, the throttling, the useless, uninformed customer/technical support. So when we experience it here, our oasis from the bullshit it stings extra deep. I wanted to leave TS so bad this week but looking out over my options I knew there was no where else to go and that fact only made me, and I'm sure all of those here with issues, even more angry.

In the end I'm not happy about the way I was treated. I'll forgive Mac for going nuts on me and yelling because I was being an asshole and I feel bad about the things I said. But the reality is he's getting paid to take it,and he could have just hung up instead of losing his cool. Marc give him a weekend off would ya, he needs it?

Also still not happy about my service being cancelled, I did sputter out that I wanted to cancel and then while being transferred to customer service I hung up before speaking with anyone, next thing I know I have emails telling me my service has been cut without my permission...that seemed to be done out of spite so ya that part still pisses me off.

I am happy I have internet now and I am happy that your attention to this matter has proven that Teksavvy still can provide that personal level of service I was looking for when I made the jump from Rogers.

Thanks Mark

PS - The reason for the address screw up in the first place was - A month ago I was moving out of my apartment planning on moving into GF's condo, call TS to setup the move, all is well. Two days later my GF and I find a house to rent so I call back TS to inform them of the address change all is well though the lack of confirmation email has me concerned, so I called back inquiring about it but I was assured that everything was ok...I should have followed up with Rogers, that was my mistake.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Really glad to hear that you're back online. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to graniterock

Premium Member

to graniterock
said by graniterock:

said by TSI Marc:

I'll keep trying to do this and break things down and we'll see where we stand. Time permitting.. this stuff takes a huge amount of my time to manage. I like doing it and it needs to be done and few can cut throught it all like I can both from my role perspective but also just from my experience and knowing how all of the systems work since I built most of them back in the day... its nice to finally be freed up a bit to be able to get to this stuff now that some of the bigger pieces are in place.

It's pretty cool that you do. I heard a story about the CEO's at ING (the bank) and they apparently man the phones a few hours a month or so to keep a pulse on things. If you ever have the time you should give it a try.... would be cool to think when we phone in there's a very very small chance we could be talking to you!

haha yep. I'm trying to get to a place where I can do some of our own training and then do some of the work on the phones. I really think that would be very helpful to see what the staff go through.

I think the staff have many ideas that we have yet to tap into so that's also interesting to me.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

1 recommendation

sbrook to Simpletwist

Mod

to Simpletwist
"undercover boss" huh?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Bra and a skirt? Hurmf.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I think the staff have many ideas that we have yet to tap into so that's also interesting to me.

I think your resellers have many ideas you have yet to tap into as well

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Teddy Boom:

said by TSI Marc:

I think your resellers have many ideas you have yet to tap into as well

I hear you. I spent a few hours with Guy and Steve last week.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

"undercover boss" huh?

LoL, be kinda hard to "disquise" for this one; very well known faces

My2Cents
@teksavvy.com

My2Cents to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

haha yep. I'm trying to get to a place where I can do some of our own training and then do some of the work on the phones. I really think that would be very helpful to see what the staff go through.

Here's some ideas...

How about having all the information available to the phone staff, so they don't have to put the customer on hold while they go and ask someone?

Like... Do you have an express shipping option? What does it cost? How long will it take? When I asked that, I was told "They don't like to do that". Like? I don't give a rat's behind what 'they' like and don't like - either you offer express shipping or you don't. Then I get put on hold while they go ask someone. Why don't you have that information right in the price list?

Also, when I ordered a replacement modem for my cable internet, nothing was said on the phone about having to "pay in advance by internet banking in 48 hours or we'll cancel your order". Is that how you deal with an existing customer? Just bill me for heaven's sake - you have my address and could cut off my service if I don't pay quickly. Do you think you're Bell or Rogers? I only found out about the 48 hour rule by an e-mail later in the day after I ordered the replacement modem. And how brillant is that? Sending an e-mail demaning immediate on-line payment from a customer whose internet is down because of a broken modem. Luckily I had another 3G internet access and managed to see the e-mail. What if I hadn't? Would my order have just been cancelled.

You really have to put yourself in the customer's shoes and not just recite company dogma at your customers. Loyalty goes in both directions.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by My2Cents :

said by TSI Marc:

Here's some ideas...

How about having all the information available to the phone staff, so they don't have to put the customer on hold while they go and ask someone?

Like... Do you have an express shipping option? What does it cost? How long will it take? When I asked that, I was told "They don't like to do that". Like? I don't give a rat's behind what 'they' like and don't like - either you offer express shipping or you don't. Then I get put on hold while they go ask someone. Why don't you have that information right in the price list?

Also, when I ordered a replacement modem for my cable internet, nothing was said on the phone about having to "pay in advance by internet banking in 48 hours or we'll cancel your order". Is that how you deal with an existing customer? Just bill me for heaven's sake - you have my address and could cut off my service if I don't pay quickly. Do you think you're Bell or Rogers? I only found out about the 48 hour rule by an e-mail later in the day after I ordered the replacement modem. And how brillant is that? Sending an e-mail demaning immediate on-line payment from a customer whose internet is down because of a broken modem. Luckily I had another 3G internet access and managed to see the e-mail. What if I hadn't? Would my order have just been cancelled.

You really have to put yourself in the customer's shoes and not just recite company dogma at your customers. Loyalty goes in both directions.

If the agent doesn't know what do to, we have what we call SRA's that they can talk to to help them. the idea is that if they don't know for sure, they should ask. That's better then giving the wrong answer.

During a time when we recently added many CSR's due to the back to school rush, naturally they are not yet seasoned experts despite extensive training.

For modems, people don't generally ask for that because the modem almost always arrives before the activation date. Expediting the shipping would only cost more with no ability to use it ahead of the activation date. Very few people ask for this.

As for payment. It's a pre-paid service, I believe that's clearly written and explained. We've had that policy for ten years now. That's the basic deal. You pay and we service you. 100% of all of our customers have done exactly that to be a customer of ours. We don't make large margins and so it needs to be clear with our customers that payments need to be made on time. If you want companies with more flexibility on that front I would suggest you go to see the incumbents. They have margins that can support that kind of behavior.

I can have somebody look into your situation if you'd like.

My2Cents
@teksavvy.com

My2Cents

Anon

said by TSI Marc:

... If you want companies with more flexibility on that front I would suggest you go to see the incumbents. They have margins that can support that kind of behavior.

I can have somebody look into your situation if you'd like.

Go to the incumbents? No thanks! Been there, done that. Your CSRs have a long way to go before they reach the level of indifference of the incumbents. I just hope that's not where you're headed.

No need to look into my situation; it's resolved now. Thanks for offering though.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Simpletwist

Premium Member

to Simpletwist
Gang.

be prepared. here comes more.

Simpletwist
@ottawahospital.on.ca

Simpletwist

Anon

Figured you guys might want some closure on this. Marc had asked me to keep it offline to not fuel the fire but his last email was basically such a big fuck you I figured everyone should see it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Marc Gaudrault
Subject: Re: Resolution

Hey Marc

Thanks I'm happy to be back online and thanks again for the personal attention you've given this issue, I think it really shows a lot of character on your part and a willingness to get to the bottom of the issues that are affecting your customers.

For starters lets just agree to disagree on the Mac thing, he was yelling but I certainly provoked him and lets leave it at that.

As for my beef with having my service cancelled I think you're confused. I will be forwarding you the two cancellation of service emails I received from Teksavvy telling me my service had been cut without my permission to prove to you that this actually happened. You bet your ass that this happened I had to have it turned back on, all of this should be in the notes, this a massive violation so perhaps they hid it from you but they can't recall the automated emails that were sent. Perhaps you should be reading a little bit more into it and actually investigate my claims before dismissing them

I get that your powerless against Rogers in these matters and you're just trying to do your best against huge odds but your CSR's aren't the powerless ones in these situations, your customers are... and judging by that thread we're all getting pretty sick of the attitude of your compassionless staff in these powerless situations.

I'll take your two months and shut my mouth but I also want my $65 move fee credited back to me as well, I refuse to pay for what I was put through. I still love the service but only because of the lack of throttle. I've probably sent over a dozen people to sign up for your service over the past year, I won't be doing that anymore

Good Luck, keep fighting against the big guys but don't do it at the sacrifice of what got you here.

-------------------------------------------

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Marc Gaudrault wrote:

I looked into the two cancelation emails you forwarded, odd that the timestamp was missing. Those were sent at these times:

sept 8 2012 9:49:37 am
sept 8 2012 09:50:19 am

Those were put through as a result of you calling back an hour later and speaking to a different agent that Saturday morning.

The move fee is a straight pass through, we don’t make any money on it.

My offer stands as is.

Regards,

Marc

------------------------------------------------------

So what happened to " With me looking into this so closely, you can bet your ass that nobody in the office would have dared to do something like that… I was all over it. Thinking that maybe your reading too much into this one little bit. " lol what a joke!

First you have the nerve to insult me saying I'm reading too much into it, so then after I offer you indisputable proof that your staff is a bunch of vindictive hostile assholes you throw out a veiled jab at my honesty and offer an excuse that makes zero sense. I'll take your 2 months and then, when I cancel my service when I'm done with you, I'll make sure to leave owing $65.

Enjoy some more bad press

Thanks for nothing Bellsavvy

--------------------------------------------