dp
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA
kudos:7

7 recommendations

[Free/Paid] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.0.1400 - Sept. 10, 20

New Features:
• Future versions will be able to upgrade without requiring a reboot after installation
• Protection module now controllable for the entire machine instead of being limited to individual user accounts
• Filesystem Blocking and Website Blocking can be enabled or disabled separately via the Protection tab
• Protection logs now show when malicious file execution blocking is enabled or disabled
• Realtime protection may now be cleanly terminated via the 'Exit' option in the tray without leaving any running processes
• Japanese language support added

Improvements:
• Malwarebytes Chameleon enhanced to be even more effective against the latest threats
• Realtime protection now starts much faster on Windows Vista and Windows 7
• Eliminated performance issues caused by database updates and Ignore List manipulation on Windows Vista and Windows 7
• Pop-ups for threats detected by realtime protection can not be minimized

Issues Fixed:
• Saving logs to custom locations after scans now works correctly
• Context menu setting is now honored correctly after performing a program upgrade
• Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation
• Dates and times of items listed in the Quarantine are now displayed correctly

»forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph···c=115586
--
Microsoft® Security MVP, 2004 - 2012
DP's Security Bits

Buddel
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Premium
join:2004-03-06
EU
kudos:3

Re: [Free/Paid] Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.0.1400 - Sept. 10

Got it via internal updater twenty minutes ago. Thanks, dp.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

Got it.....Thanks!

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to dp

I just got it. Dang reboot again! It better be the last one too for future upgrades. :P

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to dp

Got it via infernal, dp See Profile

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 edit

Just saw it here, so have updated two systems. Two more to go and then later on update the beta I have at home. One more to go here. Someone using it right now.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18
reply to dp

Just got it via internal updater...Thanks dp

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
Rialto, CA
reply to antdude

Hmm, did not require reboot on Xeon 32-bit using XP Pro SP3. Wonder what happened to you?
--

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
Wonderland

Mine required a reboot Win 7 Pro x64

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
Rialto, CA

Hmm, again, but I updated two Win 7 Pro x64 systems without reboot. However, was this reboot related to the paid version (that is Malwarebytes PRO)? I have it at home so I will see. I have real-time protection disabled there, so maybe I won't see the reboot there, either.
--

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to CCat

"• Future versions will be able to upgrade without requiring a reboot after installation"

future.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
Wonderland
reply to rcdailey

MB Pro (paid version)

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
Rialto, CA

That explains it. The driver has to load on boot, so it requires a reboot to start. I do have the paid version on my own system but the real-time protection is disabled due to a conflict with AV. Still, I will be prepared for a reboot when I update from the beta version. No big deal. I reboot often enough anyway.
--

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to dp

Thank you!

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
reply to dp

Danke...cool beans running awesome

deke40
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Texas
reply to dp

Thanks. No reboot on Vista Home Premium using Pro version.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN
reply to dp

RE-boot required on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.
Below,is this a "NEW" service or has it always been present with previous versions of MBAM? I can't recall.

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

Do you have a previous Autorun Scan Log File for comparison?

Autoruns scans can be saved as an autoruns data (.arn) file. Previously saved scan copies can be compared against current configurations [for comparison].

I noticed a WinPatrol popup about the new service but allowed it as I thought it was related to the program update.

Unfortunately, my last Autorun Scan Log File was from March 25/12...but it [the new scan] did show the new service.

Perhaps the service is related to the new "no reboot required" feature with future upgrades?

[Edit]

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to dp

Got it!

Thnx

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 edit
reply to Exidor

Thanks for the reply Exidor See Profile.
Unfortunately I did not keep an .arn file for comparison. Same as you, it was WinPatrol that alerted me to the new service. I wasn't sure if it was there prior to the upgrade as sometimes WinPatrol re-alerts you to something you've already accepted. I think you may be right about it having some relation to the future upgrade scenario.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

deke40
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Texas
reply to dp

said by Dustyn:

RE-boot required on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.
Below,is this a "NEW" service or has it always been present with previous versions of MBAM? I can't recall.

I have one under services but I don't have anything under "Settings/Scheduler Settings".

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN
reply to antdude

said by antdude:

I just got it. Dang reboot again! It better be the last one too for future upgrades. :P

I wonder what patch Tuesday will bring...

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Dustyn:

said by antdude:

I wonder what patch Tuesday will bring...

Nothing from last week's preview unless they are OOTBs.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rcdailey

said by rcdailey:

Hmm, did not require reboot on Xeon 32-bit using XP Pro SP3. Wonder what happened to you?

Weird that my XP's MBAM Free didn't need a reboot. My office's 64-bit W7 HPE did. Both machines had a few minutes of uptimes.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
Rialto, CA

I did my update on my paid version (MBAM Pro) at home in XP SP3. It did not require a reboot, but that is because I have protection disabled due to a conflict with my AV. To test this, I re-enabled protection and the conflict was still present (system halted prior to logon). So, protection must remain disabled, at least for me and for now. The new scheduler service does not conflict, however, and is enabled automatically at boot. Did not see the GUI listed, but maybe that is only in Win 7? I thought it might show up if MBAM was loaded and running, but the GUI did not show that way either, at least in Process Hacker. Perhaps that GUI service shows only when protection is enabled, but I can't check that myself.

Anyway, other than my personal issues, the new version seems fine.
--

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
reply to dp

No reboot needed for the free version using Win 7 x64.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
kudos:2
reply to dp

PRO is running fine on my XP SP3 box, no problems. But I have never ending update issues on my Win 7 Premium 64bit laptop. I install, uninstall and re-install the program using the methods recommended by MBAM, download the updates, run a full scan and everything's fine. Next day I turn on the laptop and although protection is enabled and working, there's no signature file to load and the update button is greyed out. Tried to download the signature file manually but it won't install. I suspect this may have something to do with MSE but I have MSE on my XP box and there's no issue there. It's not a malware issue. Driving me nuts (but I didn't have far to go).

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

reply to Dustyn

Dustyn See Profile, some have been puzzled of the Windows Service as I've been reading elswhere.

The MBAMService in my services is set to: "Automatic (Delayed Start)".
I did not change anything in my services and this is set during installation of MBAM.

System Lookup reveals legit service.
--
siljaline

Here at Mountain View Chocolate, we’re committed to transparency and choice

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

said by siljaline:

Dustyn See Profile, some have been puzzled of the Windows Service as I've been reading elswhere.

The MBAMService in my services is set to: "Automatic (Delayed Start)".
I did not change anything in my services and this is set during installation of MBAM.

System Lookup reveals legit service.

Thanks for the reply siljaline See Profile.
But that is not the service I was discussing... it's MBAMScheduler which has an "Automatic" start: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

You're welcome for the reply, Dustyn See Profile
Based on your description, this is another service added by MBAM Pro.
If you manually edit or open services via:

services.msc

=> | run box | scroll for that item, confirm it's there, if it is, you've confirmed the item.
Full bore versions of software introduce these things and we have to manage them to the end, are they required or not.
In this case, best guess, they both are.