spc
uniqs

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT

Re: What Will $15 an Hour Get Me?

The UBNT thread is here, »forum.ubnt.com/showthrea ··· ?t=59171

While the $15 an hour base rate varies with many circumstances, it's the percentage escalation according to skills sets and responsibilities I wanted to point out. Use whatever base rate you want for your particular landscape.

If you just need someone to climb a ladder, screw in a footpad, and run cable with no significant responsibilities, then $15 an hour might work...as long as he wears a long sleeve shirt to hide his tatoos. But it's not going to get you a guy that has the mindset that *he* is the face of your company the customer sees.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by WHT:

If you just need someone to climb a ladder, screw in a footpad, and run cable with no significant responsibilities, then $15 an hour might work...as long as he wears a long sleeve shirt to hide his tatoos. But it's not going to get you a guy that has the mindset that *he* is the face of your company the customer sees.

Not much point in having my employee cover his tatoos when his boss wears a nose ring!

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

Allergy season must be fun, no?

robbin
Mod
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

Actually it helps when you are crawling around in a nasty, dusty attic and your sinuses are draining. It follows the ring and you come out with gooey tendrils!

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

I heard the same happens with a Prince Albert.

robbin
Mod
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

Wouldn't know -- I keep mine covered when in the attic. Too many things for it to get hung up on.

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog to robbin

MVM

to robbin
said by robbin:

Not much point in having my employee cover his tatoos when his boss wears a nose ring!

Thats crazy???, I never pictured you as someone who would have one?. Not that there is anything wrong with it (what the he!!, it is YOUR nose?). It just goes to show you that that smart people have tattoos and piercings too. The bad thing is that first impressions are EVERYTHING and unfortunately, ignorant people make ignorant decisions based upon what they see using their ignorant minds, Lol.

All of my friends have nose rings, tattoos etc.and they ride Harleys. I do not own a bike or have one single extra hole or a tattoo anywhere. I get harassed about it all the time. It just never excited me and probably never will?

WHT
Rosston, TX

2 edits

WHT

It's not the tattoos per se, it's the "jail house" state prison garbage that's a give away.

Rule of thumb...if you just suspect it will offend somebody, it likely will.

/ reworded it
urmom
Premium Member
join:2010-10-18
Pittsburg, KS

urmom

Premium Member

Even if you think it won't offend anyone, it probably will.
Airnode
join:2006-09-01
Germany

Airnode

well some of my installers have tatoos they simply have to cover it and thats it. None of em have it on the nek or head ore fingers . Folks in Europe are usually more liberal but there still enough stupits and ignorants out there (specialy in gemany where i'm from) so.. it is more ore less a must to cover your tatoos.

even i have one but i usually dont take my pants off in front of a customer haha

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

A Wranglers jeans patch tattoo on yer right butt check? Popular on Texas.
Airnode
join:2006-09-01
Germany

Airnode

said by WHT:

A Wranglers jeans patch tattoo on yer right butt check? Popular on Texas.

haha nope but cool idea.

just got just a simple text "your speaking to the wrong side Lady"
translated from german but basicly in that sence .