New FoxBrowser for iPad talks Firefox Sync
Soon after Mozilla discontinued development on Firefox Home, developer Simon Graetzer released Foxbrowser on the iOS App Store. The application is an open source browser for the iPad that can synchronise tabs, bookmarks and browsing history with desktop and Android instances of Firefox....cont'd at The H Open (Heise)
The purpose of the project is to provide a full Firefox Sync powered replacement for Mobile Safari on the iPad. The backend code is forked from Firefox Home for iOS, on top of that I created an entirely new UI.
• Safari style UI (Might change in future releases)
• Support for Firefox Sync as in Firefox Home (Open tabs, Bookmarks & History)
• Secure end to end encrypted transport of your Sync data
• Up to 8 Tab's
• Start screen with the most frequent visited History entry's
• See open tabs from your other Firefox Sync enabled devices
• Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
• Send Tweet's and mail's directly from the App
• Best of all: It's free
More info -Limitations
The Firefox Home codebase doesn't allow changes to the sync data yet,
currently the browser works read-only. If you visit a site that's not already in the history, it's added locally.
Copyright 2012 Simon Peter Graetzer
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at »www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE- ··· ENSE-2.0
This project lives at GitHub.
More info at FoxBrowser Website
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/