Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to leibold

Premium Member

to leibold

Re: GoDaddy DNS Outage takes out 1000s of sites+email

The guy who took it down claims he knew they had load balancing..I guess the rest will come out later since many reporter are asking questions and he is letting them know in the past he took down facebook because they started blocking a google chrome app and the FBI site..so maybe he will brag about how he did it.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

1 recommendation

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

many reporter are asking questions and he is letting them know in the past he took down facebook because they started blocking a google chrome app and the FBI site..so maybe he will brag about how he did it.

There's a user on the front page who may have caught some collateral damage from the attack.
He's put out some info about the traffic and I'm waiting to see if he can provide some followup.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

he took out some of my hardworking friends back in Myrtle Beach

»www.wmbfnews.com/story/1 ··· sinesses

and GoDaddy is working hard on the problem.
»twitter.com/GoDaddy

breese
Premium Member
join:2000-05-10
Arlington Heights, IL

breese to Noah Vail

Premium Member

to Noah Vail
From my firewall logs, it looks like a ton of IP's all requesting large images and video's. While they do not exist on my servers, the amount of traffic requesting them is / was by the hundreds per second...
Took me 2hrs to filter out all the class C subnets.
Now the question becomes, if this was an attact on Go Daddy, why did it get filtered over to Off-Site web sites?

Dont care about the DNS side.. I use multiple DNS servers from other companies....