uniqs

Sprinkle Head
join:2001-03-10

Sprinkle Head

Promotion Extention

Hello All -

Update to an old post.

»Promotional Offer Extention

About a month ago I was informed that my promotion is ending and that I would receive an increase on my monthly bill.

I plan on reaching out to CV to discuss options (If any) to extend a promotion or offer of comparable services. Does anyone have a good strategy they want to suggest? What worked for you?

Fios has been all over me to attain my business. I'm not tied to an email address so I have no worries about making the move.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Order Fios. Call CV to cancel. Done.

Meanwhile CV screws the rest of us.

Sprinkle Head

1 edit

Sprinkle Head

You seem a little sour. You should call CV, be nice and maybe they will give you a better deal......
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

I was nice. They refused. So I gave the agent 'poor' ratings in the subsequent phone survey.
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY

Parth to Sprinkle Head

to Sprinkle Head
Those of you who live in a FiOS area are lucky to have some real bargaining power. Verizon DSL is a joke.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to Sprinkle Head

Anon

to Sprinkle Head
Yeah basically that's your only option

No FIOS here and i'm not switching to AT&T U-Herse so yeah, guess i'll continue to pay "normal price" for now.

Ok thought cuz I think it's worth it anyways as I only have internet service, no TV service anywhere as I travel and barely have time for that.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head to Parth

to Parth
I guess it depends on how far you are from the CO. I had pretty solid DSL service (3 megs) for a few years.
Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head to Bob4

to Bob4
I'm not tied to an email account. I'll move services if I can save a few bucks.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to Sprinkle Head

to Sprinkle Head
Can you tell that CV's discriminatory pricing policy gets me really pissed off? What a great company that intentionally pisses-off their own customers.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

I don't agree. Sometimes my wife uses coupons at the supermarket and receives the promotional price. Sometime the manufacturer does not offer the coupon in our area and we are unable to receive the promotional price. Then we can look at a comparable product if we wish to pursue that matter.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

You have Fios available. CV will give you a sweetheart deal, while the rest of us get screwed.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to Sprinkle Head

Premium Member

to Sprinkle Head
They are all like that. My FIOS promo expired and they have no interest in keeping me as a customer - wanted to charge $70 for 15/5 internet only. I switched to CV for $30/month. That's $480/year savings.
mentalcase
join:2012-09-08

mentalcase to Sprinkle Head

to Sprinkle Head
I threatened to switch to directv and CV was quick to lower my triple play by $20 and extend it for a year.

I still regret staying though.
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

You have Fios available. CV will give you a sweetheart deal, while the rest of us get screwed.

You are boarder line trolling. I have only cablevision available to me. no dsl, no satellite, no fios , no nothing Yet cablevision gave me a great deal. Maybe if you were actually nice to the call rep or asked for a manager you would get one.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by majortom1029:

said by Bob4:

You are boarder line trolling. I have only cablevision available to me. no dsl, no satellite, no fios , no nothing Yet cablevision gave me a great deal. Maybe if you were actually nice to the call rep or asked for a manager you would get one.

You got an extension? Did you threaten to downgrade or cancel?

The truth is not trolling.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head to JoeSchmoe007

to JoeSchmoe007
Agree. I only need a pipe to my home. I have had DirecTV, DSL, AT&T Callvantage and Optimum services and they all work well for my needs. Fios is the only service I never had and I'm sure it will work fine too. I owe it to CV to give them an opportunity to compete with what Fios is offering.

Rateboost
@optonline.net

Rateboost to Sprinkle Head

Anon

to Sprinkle Head
I just got a letter saying that my rates will go up $15 per month. So I called and they said my promotions will end in January but my rates will go up $70 this month. Then I tried to get a deal for 15 minutes and the best they could do was $91 before tax and I would lose the channels from 100-199 and that my current promotions worth $37 per month were not going to be extended. So I said forget the promotion let me keep my core package at the current rate. They said NO.

So I called FIOS who offered me $80 for basic services that means no HD. But After taxes they would be the same. I have seen a similar trend with AT and T and Verizon Wireless changing their cell plans recently to match their pricing and raise rates.

It seems as if there is some kind of illegal rate sharing. The two leading companies in both sectors are making deals to rape consumers.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

Are you saying that CV won't let you keep what with have at normal pricing?

Rateboost
@optonline.net

Rateboost

Anon

no they said that they dont care about the promotions so even if i cancelled them they are going to charge the same much. (because they are listed as $0.00 on the bill)
CTMustang
Premium Member
join:2007-09-10
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang to Sprinkle Head

Premium Member

to Sprinkle Head
I was paying 98 after taxes for a year, they wanted to up me 60 bucks.

After telling them I'm headed to another carrier, they lowered it back down to 108 BEFORE taxes + gave me show time movie channels.

I guess that's good enough.. I'm moving anyway and will cancel next month.

Rateboost
@optonline.net

Rateboost to Sprinkle Head

Anon

to Sprinkle Head
»news.cnet.com/8301-1035_ ··· you-faq/

All my promotions end this month, I made some calls, I'm screwed.

ike71
@optonline.net

ike71

Anon

If you have FIOS in your area, you are not.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

I called CV today and they did make me an offer to keep me a customer on the first try.

The Offer:
- Reduce the 15 dollar increase per month to a 5 dollar increase per month.
- Upgrade my TV package from Family package with IO to the new IO preferred package.

Not a bad offer as my increase would only be 5 dollars per month and I would have additional channels. After a year, I would then be paying full price of 74 dollars for IO preferred instead of the promotion of 34 dollars per month they offered.

If I did nothing, I would keep what I have and pay 15 dollars more per month until March of 2013. I will then likely be getting another increase of 15 dollars per month.

Note: FIOS is available in my area.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by Sprinkle Head:

That's why. The rest of us get jack shit.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

You can always move....
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by Sprinkle Head:

That's why. The rest of us get jack shit.

I am tired of you saying that. That is not the case. I got my promotion extended without fios available in my area. Please stop saying this as a response anytime anybody even remotely asks a price question.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to Sprinkle Head

to Sprinkle Head
10 years to go on the mortgage and $400,000 in equity. I think I'll stay where I am.
Expand your moderator at work

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

Re: Promotion Extention

All that equity and no options to shop around for new service with another provider?