how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PcolaKid

join:2012-09-10
Pensacola, FL

[FL] Losing cable signal, Cox reps cannot find problem

There I was watching "The Green Mile" on AMC and it froze, screen went blank for 5 mins till it came back on. Its doing it again as I type this message! I've called Cox repeatedly & they say there is nothing wrong on their end. I say BS. Here I am an hour into watching a movie I've never seen before & I've already missed seeing parts of this movie. Frankly, It pisses me off and I tire of this ongoing problem.

PcolaKid

Pensacola, FL

Four times this movie on AMC has froze tonight. Might be time to cancel my cable!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

said by PcolaKid:

Four times this movie on AMC has froze tonight. Might be time to cancel my cable!

Might be time to have a tech out to check your installation and cable signals.

Lara

@cox.net
reply to PcolaKid

It was a Pensacola wide problem. My Mother in law called and was having the same problem. We called around and everyone we knew did as well with channels freezing. Syfy, abc family, amc, Bravo etc etc
It's not connections, or boxes at our end.
It's been a on going problem here for awhile.

PcolaKid

Pensacola, FL

Your are correct. Same problem tonight with several channels freezing up again. It cannot be a problem on my end because when one channel like AMC freezes up, I can click to the next channel & it works fine.

Cox needs to man up and resolve this issue or lose another customer!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

said by PcolaKid:

Your are correct. Same problem tonight with several channels freezing up again. It cannot be a problem on my end because when one channel like AMC freezes up, I can click to the next channel & it works fine.

Cox needs to man up and resolve this issue or lose another customer!

The channels you view aren't in the same order on the cable system. Just because they're adjacent on the box doesn't mean they're in adjacent frequencies.

All the freezing channels could be in a certain group around a problematic frequency (like FM band or the 800 Mhz cell bands) or on the high end of the spectrum.

Such problems can still be caused by issues in the home such as damaged or loose connectors. It might also be caused by problems in other homes back feeding signals.

Check the box diagnostics pages and see what frequencies the problem channels are on. Post them here.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Just think when they freeze up...BONDING TIME!

Contact CoxJimR See Profile with your issues and a contact phone #
He's the man

-Rob

PcolaKid

Pensacola, FL

I'm thinking of imposing a $100.00 fine each occurrence. Take em to small claims court at the end of the yr. Then contact Consumerist.com, So they can write up a big story about it.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

said by PcolaKid:

I'm thinking of imposing a $100.00 fine each occurrence. Take em to small claims court at the end of the yr. Then contact Consumerist.com, So they can write up a big story about it.

Have you actually had Cox techs at your house to check your setup?
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.
Expand your moderator at work