San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Dude111

Re:  

said by Dude111:

Responsible reg cleaning helps performance (I guess thats why some ppl just reinstall thier OS now and then right?? (They think its easier than manually cleaning the reg))

May be true for Windows 9x systems; but I've had no performance issues with Windows XP or Windows 7 which could be attributed to "gunk" in the registry. I only reinstalled Windows 7 to go from x64 to x86, and then only because hardware limitations made x64 pretty useless.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

said by NormanS:

May be true for Windows 9x systems; but I've had no performance issues with Windows XP or Windows 7 which could be attributed to "gunk" in the registry. I only reinstalled Windows 7 to go from x64 to x86, and then only because hardware limitations made x64 pretty useless.

In my case, I went from x86 to x64 and gave the 7 x86 to my roommate.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by Boricua:

said by NormanS:

In my case, I went from x86 to x64 and gave the 7 x86 to my roommate.

It is my understanding that my license was to use, "either x64, or use x86"; but not both simultaneously. It was a three-pack, meaning I could install on up to three computers. Not on six.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum