Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

[ALL] RedZone Buffers!! (Bonding Time??!)

Hey Cox how's about removing this ad, your TV even buffers! Watched redzone and noticed it was buffering like crazy!

-Rob

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvwQsWYa3h8

DDR329

@cox.net

Video to a STB can tile, pixelate, have artifacts but I have never seen video buffer. I have noticed in the past RZ will have tiling to it on multiple providers not just Cox. I did not watch it very much on Sunday this go around.

Do you have anything to show for the video "buffering"?

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
reply to Rob_

I have the two internet connections on my single gaming computer with load balanced embedded that buffering does not affect me at all after that used to be on the one internet connection.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

No, it's redzone, the scrolling bar below the channel goes smoothly. The presentation stalls, like it's being fed via internet. I understand about tileing, etc.. This is almost like watching a youtube video buffer.

(only the HD is beautiful)

-Rob

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

said by Rob_:

No, it's redzone, the scrolling bar below the channel goes smoothly. The presentation stalls, like it's being fed via internet...

Sounds like an RedZone channel issue. I don't think Cox adds the scroll after receiving the video, it's sent to video providers as a complete video stream.

If both the scroll and the video paused or tiled, then maybe it might be a Cox issue.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

Based on my limited knowledge of video, I agree with Dr Drew. If just part of the video stutters, it's probably somewhere in the back haul to the Red Zone master control.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

Well, it might be how the channel is fed to Cox. I still find it historical how they compare DSL and the buffering in those ads. DSL and Cable both buffer. It's the nature of the net.

-Rob

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Rob_

like most live sports they don't "buffer" the video. Its run by a sat truck at the local stadium and sent to a geosynchronous satellite. It then bounces down to a receiving dish for post production. That is where the scroll bar info, commercials, etc etc is added. Then it is sent BACK up to either the same or potentially a different satellite.(sat time is usually leased/rented) It bounces back off that guy and is sent to another receiver. Then its on our wire in some sense of the word and piped around the Cox network.

The fact that you saw issues on the game video is almost a certain guarantee that it was an "uplink" problem.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

Hey Cox how's about removing this ad, your TV even buffers! Watched redzone and noticed it was buffering like crazy!

Hows ashley doing rob?
every streaming service buffers, its NOT your provider but what you're connecting to,

remember that survey with netflix where even fios was doing 2.5mbps. its because the SERVICE is throttling, not your provider.
--
Despises any post with strings.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

That's my point.. however, a TV channel shouldn't buffer. It seems it's the channel itself and it's getting better

-Rob