Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

said by Krisnatharok:

Immer is Mr. Everybody Wins.

Reading this thread, two things came to mind....

Ordinary readers, forgive my paradoxes: one must make them when one reflects; and whatever you may say, I prefer being a man with paradoxes than a man with prejudices.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Jack Handy

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

truth is, everyone came out of this a loser... though some started that way, and will not show remorse.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

My question is: How is this statement any different than the statements I've made?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

My statement is a confession of defeat... I don't take pride in making it.

And I'm not attacking anyone's family.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
It has an angel cat to the left.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Yours were more blunt and seen as hostile. Thinned skinned folks can't stand that kinda stuff.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

My statement is a confession of defeat... I don't take pride in making it.

And I'm not attacking anyone's family.

Fair enough. We're at a dead horse stage so this usually where I bow out. Keep in mind that I don't just randomly seek out people to humiliate. I don't just decide "This guy... he deserves to be trolled today." The guy had made vague passive-aggressive remarks about my guild. I defended myself. I didn't start a pandora thread. I didn't decide to string him up. Pandora doesn't even play on our server, let alone play in the guild. It would be just as asinine for me to make claims about your guild and about hostilities that happened to me in that guild when I never played on your server. Obviously, your response would have been worded differently, but you still would have responded.

I go after remarks, ideas, positions, not people. I can string one person up in one thread and defend them in another. If an issue is dead, I let it go. Savious was retarded when he first posted on these forums. He is now in a fairly tolerable state. I may make jokes at him, but I know he laughs those jokes off because they're not serious enough to cause emotional harm. He severed off most of his nonsense and he plays with the same crowd that I've been playing with, over in GW2.

I've known some of these people for over 10 years. If drew, Krisnatharok, Jobbie, Besice, etc., same something retarded, I call them on it. Generally speaking, these guys are of pretty respectable intellect and don't always say something retarded, but when they do, I call them on it and they either acknowledge it, or explain it. At the end of the day, we still hang out and there's nothing harsh about it.

It's a brutally honest aspect that this specific forum has. No bullshit is tolerated. Brutal honesty is accepted. Tigerlord accepts it. Mike accepts it. They know it keeps the real trolls out as we self-prune here. Only after everything has been said, will they intervene and clean it up. At that point, clean-up serves as no other purpose than to remove the history. Everything has been said. Everyone read it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

3 recommendations

Immer

Premium Member

There is a big difference between "blunt" and "serrated". Blunt, is used as a stopping force... for correction or defense. Serrated is used to tear flesh. There was malicious intent in your posts.

They accept it, because they think you are funny, and they like your fan base. Once you decide someone deserves a pounding, you unleash in as many random, hurtful, and ignorant ways you can... "my ends justify my means". You've built nothing. You've protected nothing. You've destroyed threads, and completely alienated a poster and in doing so you proved him right about you. For what? because he dissed my crew, yo!? So, you go ahead and "bow out" now that the horse is dead. After you've wallowed in the mud, then talk about your high-road calling to weed out those you deem unworthy?

Why do I care? Because I like this forum... and I've come to think of many of the posters here as friends. No one has the right to completely destroy someone else here. I failed on this one. You failed on this one. The mods failed on this one.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Savious is "Arch's #1 DSLR fan".

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I know we'll never agree on just about anything. I understand and respect your position. I used to be like you. The goal isn't to be funny. The goal is to disassemble a position. I just happen to toss some humor in the process and many times, humor is a bi-product of tearing down a false argument.

You see me as a person who destroys threads. You see me as an individual that does nothing but destroy those who don't bow down to me as some elite on this forum.

I see it entirely different. Do you know what this tiny little forum of a few dozen posters is so great? You will know why it is so great when you understand why ever single other *public* gaming community sucks. It's because it is full of cancer.

How many people have come into forums and begin spreading their cancer amongst the threads? I, and several others, combat that cancer and help make this the community that it is. The mods know it. Did you ever notice how passive the moderators are here versus other rooms? The mods in other rooms feel the need to moderate every thread endlessly. In many cases, they need to and that's because they're addressing the cancer at the symptom level and not at the root cause.

You perceive it entirely different than I do. I don't think you're wrong. I just don't think I'm wrong either.

As for the failure comment: Failure is subjective.

I don't systematically destroy people. I systematically help a person fall on their own sword. If a person doesn't brandish it wildly, then there is no sword to fall on and I have no need to intervene.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

if you had read the original post about why Pandora felt the need to make a seperate guild you would know that he never played in your guild or on that server, he clearly stated it was due to treatment from certain members in your guild on these boards, and didnt name names or state what was done to him so had you had a real altruistic interest in resolving any disputes you could have very easily pm him, but you didnt, why, a sadist must have his actions viewed, and what he feels is given the proper attention.

i have no problem with you being a sadist, because it doesnt bother me in the least, but at the very least get your facts correct first.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Because mocking on the internet should be interpreted as pain and or suffering ?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

sadism incompasses much more than pain and suffering, physically.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

And generally things that are much more intense than mocking on the internet between random ass people who have no idea of each others identities.