All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

amark
join:2001-02-09

1 edit

amark

Cablevison IO Package-Keep It? (grandfathered in)

I got my new Optimum bill and was reviewing my charges. I saw IO Package for $11.95 and called them to ask what it was. She said it is for stations 100-200. I said thought it was for the HD stations.She mentioned that you cancel you cannot get it back-it is grandfathered in.

When ever I hear that I say-wow-must be something good because they want out!

I have never watched those stations-Is there something Cablevision is not telling me? Are there any other benefits that I will be missing?

Advice on keeping or getting rid of it will be appreciated, thanks!
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

1 edit

frdrizzt

The new comparable package to the old iO Family is iO Value. It is $74.95. You can see what channels are available if it is a better deal to swap, or if it's something you'd be happy with if you dropped the iO Package.

»www.optimum.com/optimum- ··· ices.jsp

edit: Sorry, iO Preferred is one I was thinking of, not Value.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to amark

to amark
It depends if you want to watch channels like BBC America and Teen Nick. But two important considerations:

1. If you have a digital cable box, you'll still need the "iO Navigation" package at $5.95/month. So dropping the "iO Package" will save you only $6/month.

2. Like they said, you won't be able to get the "iO Package" back if you want it. It has been replaced by "iO Preferred", which has the same channels plus Encore, but costs an extra $4/month.

So saving $6/month now may cost you more if you decide you want the channels back in the future.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

They do away with the iO navigation requirement once your system is all digital.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by RemyM:

They do away with the iO navigation requirement once your system is all digital.

I suspect they force you onto "iO Value", which is the same cost as Family Cable + iO Navigation, so you're not saving anything.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy

MVM

No, in the past they just removed the charge.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to amark

to amark
said by amark:

I got my new Optimum bill and was reviewing my charges. I saw IO Package for $11.95 and called them to ask what it was. She said it is for stations 100-200. I said thought it was for the HD stations.

The HD channels are 700-899 UNLESS you have a HD STB or DVR in which case the normal SD channels in the 1-199 range are replaced with the HD versions (if there is a HD version of the SD channel). In addition the SD version is NOT supported at all by the HD boxes such as by mapping them into 1xxx range although this support IS possible since all the box needs to do is accept the SD feed. For example the Channel 4 feed (WNBC in NYC) is displayed in HD on a HD box since it is programmed to ignore the SD Feed and use the HD feed showing it as both 4 and 704. If you have a SD box, it will show the Channel 4 SD feed on Channel 4.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to TheWiseGuy

to TheWiseGuy
Well if that's the case, it's worthwhile dropping the iO Package and just keeping Family Cable. Maybe I'll do that myself, since the vast majority of the iO Package channels are worthless.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

said by Bob4:

Well if that's the case, it's worthwhile dropping the iO Package and just keeping Family Cable. Maybe I'll do that myself, since the vast majority of the iO Package channels are worthless.

I don't think that option exists anymore. If you have a grandfathered package, you are probably stuck. Definitely call to verify this, but my understanding is that when you have a grandfathered package, the only thing you can change is to one of the currently offered packages. In your situation, Family Cable has essentially been rebranded iO Value.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204

He can drop just the IO package and keep Family Cable package. They are 2 separate packages that are no longer offered. One has nothing to do with the other.