uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
reply to puppy

Re: GW2: Ranger thread

I'm only up to level 21 or 22, but at the moment, this is the build I'm planning on -

»www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger···0|0|0|0|

Almost exclusively PvE for the moment, I use a shortbow for most fights, opening with pet's F2 skill if they have an offensive one, then crippling shot, get behind target, Flame Trap. Most things are dead by that point or from a few auto-attacks more, but I can throw in a Poison Volley from short range for more damage if needed and/or make use of Sharpening Stones. In larger group / boss fights, I'll periodically swap to axe/warhorn for Call of the Wild, Hunter's Call, apply conditions with Axe 2 and 3 skills, then swap back to shortbow.

Current pet choices are an Eagle (this was fun to try to tame in a level 30 area at 20...) for damage in easier fights, an Arctodus (bear) for harder solo fights where pet's health matters, and a Lashtail Devourer for ranged damage in boss fights where I can't send the pet in.

I'm open to any comments or suggestions on improving this if anyone has any ideas.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
Where do you get the lashtail? Need one cause im tired of my pet dieing...

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

1 edit
said by liquoranne:

Where do you get the lashtail? Need one cause im tired of my pet dieing...

You can click on the individual pet links here to find out where to get them - »wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pet

The Lashtail Devourer was from Diessa Plateau, it's listed as also being found in Black Citadel.

Here's a post with maps for most of the pet locations - »www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/481···on-maps/

This is another helpful guide regarding pets (with additional links listed in it as well) - »www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/472···t-guide/
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?