ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to whfsdude

Premium Member

to whfsdude

Re: [IPv6] Comcast Speedtest

Not getting it to work here. Can tracert and ping just fine. Page will not load though.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

said by ropeguru:

Not getting it to work here. Can tracert and ping just fine. Page will not load though.

Do have native Comcast IPv6 or tunnel broker IPs?

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Tunnel broker through Sixxs.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Probably explains it. I have a tunnel thru Hurricane Electric and I can not load the page either. Ping and trace work fine.
aveiga
join:2012-09-11
United State

2 recommendations

aveiga

Folks,

As an administrator for the Comcast SpeedTest platform, I'd like to reach out to you all to provide some insight into this as well as to solicit some of your feedback. Unfortunately we had some minor issues with DNS records preventing this initial deployment from functioning. Those should now be fixed. I am working to correct the IPv4 mislabeling. Please rest assured that you are getting your test via IPv6, as this test is setup to only provide AAAA records and prevent IPv4 tests. I am also working to correct the misreported location data, though coming in via tunnels may not be correctable at this time. We are diligently working to improve this platform even further.

That said, I am certain there will still be some bugs to be ironed out. I welcome any and all feedback regarding the current test platform, as well as reports of any issues you may encounter. I will try and check back in this thread as frequently as I can, but please send me a private message if you encounter a specific bug so that I can work to rectify it as soon as possible.

We will be looking to announce this service formally at comcast6.net in the future, once we've corrected the outstanding issues. Thank you all for being early adopters and helping to move IPv6 forward.

-aveiga, Comcast IPv6 Engineer

Jtmo
Premium Member
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA

Jtmo

Premium Member

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to aveiga

Premium Member

to aveiga
Still not working here on a SiXXs tunnel. Can trace route and ping ok.

nslookup ipv6.speedtest.comcast.net
Server: UnKnown
Address: 2001:4830:1621::2

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: ipv6.speedtest.g.comcast.net
Address: 2001:558:1030:8:69:252:23:68
Aliases: ipv6.speedtest.comcast.net

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to aveiga

MVM

to aveiga
Thanks for keeping us informed. I do wonder why one poster can reach the site via an HE tunnel, but I cannot.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by graysonf:

Thanks for keeping us informed. I do wonder why one poster can reach the site via an HE tunnel, but I cannot.

Did you ever have any luck reaching the speedtest? I haven't.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

No, I have not, not on an HE tunnel.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to aveiga

to aveiga
Just tested it and the test results still come up as IPv4. Also it's an honor to help the engineers out

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA

1 edit

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Here as well-

I love the distance too, I'm 170 miles northwest of San Jose, not 7,950 miles