george357
Premium
join:2009-09-18
Weaverville, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter

Personal Video Players Search

I am looking for a personal video player similar to the DC powered DVD players. The differences I want are the ability to play videos from a Flash Drive or SD card. I also want to be able to connect the player to a TV preferably with multiple options (i.e. DVI, A/V, HDMI, Coax). Any one know of a player such as this?

lugnut

@look.ca
What you are basically describing is a tablet computer or an e-book reader.

george357
Premium
Weaverville, NC
Reviews:
·Charter
I have looked at those but wanted to make sure there were no other products that matched the specs I wanted. I was hoping that some of the newer cheaper devices such as Coby DVD players were capable of the flash/sd and tv connection might be available.

lugnut

@look.ca

george357
Premium
Weaverville, NC
Thanks lugnut, those do look like exactly what I am looking for, appreciate the help.

lugnut

@look.ca
I'm glad I could help. Be forewarned however that those items ship direct from Hong Kong. I've dealt with them before and they are reputable and they do free shipping via international post with tracking info, however, if there are any modular phone or power plugs involved they sometimes ship with some weird assed power adapters and connectors. Be prepared to buy a generic replacement adapter if they ship you one of those. I've never RMAed anything to them because shipping rates back to Hong Kong are ridiculous so I'd rather just deal with workaround solutions.

Basically they're the cheapest source around but sometimes you get what you pay for. Even so, sometimes they are the only source you can find for certain pieces of hard to find hardware.