spc
uniqs
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Re: [Race to 90] Ugh...decisions.

Will raiding be cross-server right away for MoP raids...? Or held back to keep up their holy cash cow of server x-fers?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

current tier raids will be same server only. so yes, there will still have to be server transfers.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
what metta said but in a more ally tone. (j/k)

ya it seems current tier is going to always be cross realm disabled (for the foreseeable future.)

so sept 25, 1 week of leveling (due to blizz delaying tier 14's start by 1 week)

Oct 1, 1st raid opens

Oct 8, LFR opens

Oct 22 (IIRC) more raids open (same tier but slightly higher, and these have the tier gear)

Oct 29, the guild I'm currently in might start raiding MoP, and 2nd LFR of MoP opens.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to mettachain

to mettachain
Thanks Metta. Was curious about that. I've struggled to find that level of raiding I enjoy since Manly - I've tried with a few guilds, and either found people completely retarded (way too slow progression due to bads), or extremely demanding and acting like it's their second job. I tried looking for a new guild for my druid - this was classic - I posted on the WoW guild recruitment forums. Got a message from this guy, I then proceeded to talk to him on real ID. He said his guild had been #2 in progression on their server in Wrath, and they had a good solid group, and were just missing a tank and one other. I realm AND faction x-ferred (to the tune of I think $55-60). They had no raids on the calendar, and were still missing 3/4 of a group. I tried running a few heroics with them, and their raid leader could barely pull 5k dps on his boomkin. This was at 20% buff time in DS, mind you - I heard he did about the same on Morchok, and they couldn't even get past Morchok (I fortunately did not attend this raid, I smelled this coming). Makes me so hesitant to fork over money for a x-fer ever again.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya, I'd suggest doing a cross realm raid of a lesser raid before forking over the money.

or atleast a dungeon.

though I wouldn't bother with a faction change.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to clawfury

to clawfury
Exactly. you should definitely do your homework before handing out money to transfer your characters. you can get burned pretty easily.

Check wowprogress.com for the guild progression as it usually has at least 3 tiers of progression data on file. check out the guild armory on battle.net. If they're somewhat serious about getting raids done then they would likely have their own guild website where the raiders will discuss different strats, post theories, helpful suggested addons, etc.

Once you can get a decent feeling about a guild then I MIGHT fork over money to raid with them if you can solid answer that you'd have that opportunity to raid and not just sit the bench as a standby.

request a trial 5 man dungeon run with the core raiders to so you can show them your worth. that'll keep you fresh in their minds when they're starting invite to the acutal raids!
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

See, I did do my research. Their guild indeed was highly ranked in Wrath. The guy who invited me to the guild did have a decent armory background (previous raid tiers before Cata). His story was that most of them took a break for Cata due to life balance issues. No website. Oh trust me, I'll be much more careful next time