how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wcda

join:2001-12-06
Macon, GA

[GA] Move a Cable outlet

Cox needs to examine their pricing for moving an outlet. I was just checking my bill on line and found that moving an outlet cost me $160 and not the $109 I was expecting. tried talking to the billing dept and got no where. If you read this »ww2.cox.com/residential/middlege···cing.cox in the install section you will see 3 different prices $30, $60 and third which is not relevant. They charge a fee of $80 for a wall fish which I agreed to and was expecting a bill of $109. When I checked today you can imagine my surprise when I saw my Cox cable bill was $410. time to reduce some services. I really don't need 4 hd boxes, 3 cable cards and Movie channels I never use.

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
They post a price, but don't add in the little "taxes & fees" to the total. I think it should be mandatory to give the full price on anything.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to wcda
that could have been a base price not including the techs time to move the outlet.

mclasser

join:2011-12-12
reply to wcda
Wow, it costs that much to just move an outlet!? What a damn ripoff.

AnonGuy

@cox.net
said by mclasser:

Not a ripoff for a wallfish.

AnonGuy

@cox.net
reply to wcda
said by wcda:

Cox needs to examine their pricing for moving an outlet. I was just checking my bill on line and found that moving an outlet cost me $160 and not the $109 I was expecting. tried talking to the billing dept and got no where. If you read this »ww2.cox.com/residential/middlege···cing.cox in the install section you will see 3 different prices $30, $60 and third which is not relevant. They charge a fee of $80 for a wall fish which I agreed to and was expecting a bill of $109. When I checked today you can imagine my surprise when I saw my Cox cable bill was $410. time to reduce some services. I really don't need 4 hd boxes, 3 cable cards and Movie channels I never use.

The pricing in your link is for a new install. Not an Upgrade/Service change like an Additional outlet is...

alchav

join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT
Reviews:
·ooma
reply to mclasser
said by mclasser:

Cox is going to charge full price, but they will do it right. Depending on the Outlet move determines the price, you can't just magically move an Outlet from one wall to another and expect a Coax Cable to appear. It called for a wall fish, and that Coax has to go back to a source. If you want to save, do it yourself or get an Independent Contractor and save a few bucks, but it might not work properly.