spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hotrodr56

@knology.net

Samsung PN50A550S1FXZA Horizontal Lines

Help please from the TV tech's. I have a Samsung 50" plasma PN550S1FXZA which has developed about 5 thin horizontal lines in the lower half of the screen. I tried disconnecting the ribbon cables from the Y board and cleaning each one but did no good. I have been told replacing the Y buffer board will fix this but have also been told it will not fix it but rather need a new PDP which is most likely cost prohibitive. The set is about three years old. Any thoughts? ideas? suggestions?

Thanks

Expand your moderator at work

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to Hotrodr56

Re: Samsung PN50A550S1FXZA Horizontal Lines

the only real way to know if the y buffer will cure the issue is to replace it, provided the lines on the panel have not been displaying for very long periods of time constantly (uneven phosphor burn)
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Hotrodr56

@knology.net

Thanks so much for the input. The lines started with one single line about two months ago and have now increased to five. The set has been played maybe two hours with the lines showing. One thing I have done since posting here is to change the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 to see if the lines changed in position. They did not change and still run all the way across the screen even though the picture is center only. Does this indicate bad PDP or could it still be the board?

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY

you might get lucky, the y buffer may fix it, the part shouldnt be expensive but the panel will be if that is what is defective.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Hotrodr56

@knology.net

Thanks for your help. I going to purchase a board and give it a try.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY

could you give me the version number located on a sticker on the front right side of the set ?

Hotrodr56

@knology.net

K511

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY

BN96-08754A Buffer Y
BN96-14592A Panel

hotrodr56

@knology.net

Well, thanks for your help. Turns out to be the PDP.