Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins to rfhar

Premium Member

to rfhar

Re: [IE] Crash when try to add page to favorites

Open FF, go to Help, then Restart with add-ons disabled, then re-enable them one at a time. Check each one as you enable them for any conflicts.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

said by dolphins:

Open FF, go to Help, then Restart with add-ons disabled, then re-enable them one at a time. Check each one as you enable them for any conflicts.

I tried that but it disables PlainOldFavorites and I haven't added an extension in years.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Is everything up to date? »www.mozilla.org/en-US/pl ··· incheck/
dolphins

dolphins to rfhar

Premium Member

to rfhar
said by rfhar:

said by dolphins:

I tried that but it disables PlainOldFavorites and I haven't added an extension in years.

The idea is to find out if an add-on is causing the conflict. Did you try restarting with add-ons disabled and re-enabling one at a time?

FYI: You don't need an add-on to import bookmarks. Open FF, Bookmarks, scroll down to Unsorted Bookmarks at the bottom, click it, then click, Import and Backups in the toolbar, choose an option.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

1 edit

rfhar to dolphins

Premium Member

to dolphins
said by dolphins:

Is everything up to date? »www.mozilla.org/en-US/pl ··· incheck/

Yes, I have it set to auto update but had to get the MS Silverlight updated. All others were ok.
rfhar

rfhar

Premium Member

said by rfhar:

said by dolphins:

I went through this again and it crashes with all add-ons disabled. this time I disabled them manually. I know that doing so does not make sense but I am scratching the bottom of my barrow.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Try this...

If Firefox crashes when attempting to select a file or folder location, such as when backing up bookmarks, browsing to a file to upload it, or choosing a location to save a file, this can occur if you have selected "Automatically expand to current folder" in your Windows Folder Options (applies to Windows 7). To resolve the problem, go to the Windows Start menu, click on "Computer" and in the window that opens, click on "Organize -> Folder and search options" and uncheck "Automatically expand to current folder" in the Folder Options "General" tab.

»kb.mozillazine.org/Firef ··· _crashes

auggy
Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON

auggy to rfhar

Mod

to rfhar
Also, can you get more information on the crashes involving Firefox - see the info under "Get help fixing this crash" (Get the Report ID of your latest crash report) in the following link:

»support.mozilla.org/en-U ··· is-crash

Since you have submitted information on the crashes to Mozilla you should be able to look at the information and see if a third party module is involved in the crashes using about:crashes from the address bar and generating the report.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Yes, that would be very helpful rather than just taking potshots in the dark.