spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible

[Race to 90] I Really Want to Level a Panda

I think I've decided that I am going to level a Panda come release. I realize this is probably masochistic as everyone else will be too and it will be lag city. Regardless, I was just wondering if they have done anything to help with the leveling process?

Anyone in the beta have a suggestion on which spec to go for leveling?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Which spec depends on which class.

Not all pandas are monks.

Not all monks are pandas.

*zen*
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Raible

Premium Member

to Raible
if going for pand monk then i would suggest, brew or wind, if you want to heal then off spec it after you hit 30, you really only get jab and i think black out kick as a mistweaver so killing shit at low levels can be a chore. other than that the starting zones for panderan will get you to level 12 or more , boas not withholding, then pick your faction and its the same as any other race at that point pick a zone and go do it.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Nick D

to Nick D
Dude, you just like, blew my mind maannn.

Yeah, Pandas can be more than monks, but if you mean monk I'd just suggest DPS spec to mow through questing mobs faster. You can always offspec at 30 if you want to try tanking or healing in some dungeons.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Raible

Premium Member

to Raible
I plan to wait till I can buy heirloom legs.
can pandas be druids?

if so I'll work on a full BOA boom/tree set.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

no not druids
cymraeg

cymraeg to Raible

Premium Member

to Raible
i too am masochistic and will be leveling a panda for the thrall guild, but im so maso that i will start as a mist because that is how i learn a class, i cant just jump into a spec and get proficient at it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
Ah that stinks.
Guess I'll make a monk panda, though that seems too common.

Oh well it'll be after my Goblin warlock anyway. (and I'm still working on my worgen priest, and don't plan to start the next alt till I get my heirloom legs.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Raible

to Raible
Thank goodness Monks dont have to be pandas..

Made an RAF account, and have enough levels saved to make a gnome monk day one, Already have a set of crafted / jp gear ready to go.. should have no problem leveling, even though I have 0 idea how to play any monk spec.. oh well

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to Raible

to Raible
My advice is a little more on the extreme side. It’s more geared to single players and not for old married guys like me.

It’s a plan that looked good on paper, but honestly, I’m not taking vacation time for expansion. I plan on playing the weekend after things die down.

1. Get dual boxing software. I currently still have IS Boxer on my computer and it’s one of the best I’ve used.
2. Refer a friend to yourself, and open a second paid account.
3. Level a Monk together with a strong solo class to level 40, with heirlooms and guild xp you can do this in around a day and a ½ of play time, less if you don’t sleep, do “the Do” and live off Doritos for 24 hours.
4. Grant each other 40 levels at level 40 for insta 80’s.
5. Cruise through Cata content in roughly 2.5 – 3hours a level on one
6. Start Mists content on one of your Monk’s approximately 3 days into release, when the crowds die down and enjoy the content.

You’d have a Monk at end game roughly 3-4 days into release, and would most likely be one of the first on your server.

Note: It would probably go a lot faster if you went Monk with another class (say Human or Orc), as the Panda starter zone’s are going to be insane.

Faction change to Panda if you want any time after you leave the zone if you really want a Bamboo hugger. I’m thinking Night Elf Monk, with the extra dodge increase, is going to be badass.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Raible

to Raible
What classes can pandas be? I was thinking of making a new elemental shaman panda.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

youre good puppy and the animations for shaman pandas are good i like them

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Arthritis

Premium Member

to Arthritis
said by Arthritis:

4. Grant each other 40 levels at level 40 for insta 80’s.

Unless they changed it only the refered can grant the referee levels.

and the refered must be a higher level than the one getting the levels.

so if you got 2 toons to lvl40 via Raf then you could grant 20 levels to another toon on the older account.

or maybe its just some oddity avout 2 wow accounts on 1 bnet account. but even then its 1 level per 2 of the toon, so you'd have to have 2 lvl80's to make 1 insta 80.
Arsinic
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Arthritis

to Arthritis
That isnt going to work quite like that. For the level granting.. the Referred friend must be higher level than the levels it is granting. Basically to get something to 80 youd need to level 2 alts with the friend to 80 to get 1 level 80 for free from a level 1. You cant level to 40 then grant 40 levels. Its 1 free level for every 2 achieved.

I did something similar. Instaed of ISBoxer(I deleted it long ago) I jusat used autohot key with a simple script I modified to what I wanted. Worked amazing. I did it once with 2 different classes(mage/hunter) bound things that were instant/ similar class times to the same keys worked like a charm, then leveled 2 dks this way.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
Well shit, I didn't realize that... but I wish I had Arsenic’s foresight!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya I have a lvl 30 something Nelf rouge from Raf (I have the rocket)

That was back when RAF stopped at lvl60
my friend had more time to play than me and I was still working on leveling my main, so he'd grant me some levels and we'd do some questing together.

If I could find someone to raf I would (I have the keys for battle chest and wrath sitting in my e-mail) because the 300% quest XP is sweet.

add in a full BOA set for the toon I'd have the levels given to and I'm sure we'd level fast.

though for now I only have a full set of BOA for cloth caster, and an almost full set of leather melee (need to get the back and head for that)

but ya with Raf the refered could in theory level 11 toons to 80 then insta (on near insta lots of clicking) grant 5.5 lvl80's to the one that refered him, all on one realm.)

now if the refered was hard core into making alts and levleing fast they could then make some on another realm, but unless the crossrealm stuff has helped he would only be able to grant those levels to a toon on that realm.

Also as the BoA's are battle.net bound if you rafed yourself then you could send a full BoA set to the refered wow account and have 300%+boa XP and level like a mad man.
Arsinic
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Arthritis

to Arthritis
Well you could also do 1 grp to 80 together, 1 pair to 40 and 1 pair to 20.. level your monk with RAF to 10 then use the 20's to level to 20, the 40's to level to 40 and the 80's to level to 80

Honestly thoguh using AHk I was able to level the first pair to 80 in 1 day played (I did it over last weekend) with a substantial amount of AFK time. Running each instance for its quests as long as you havent completely outleveld it is stupid fast. Instances take 20 min and things like deadmines give 7 levels..

Dual boxing the DK's I had 1 blood and 1 frost and once I left the Dk starting area(you have to finish it to be allowed to queue for dungeons, I was almost 65, then I jsut dual boxxed instances to 80 and that took like 4.5 hours to go 65-80?? It seriosuly was a joke.

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra to Arthritis

Premium Member

to Arthritis
said by Arthritis:

Well shit, I didn't realize that... but I wish I had Arsenic’s foresight!

It's not too late, you can level 0-60 in a day or 2 with triple xps.

I do have bad news though, "the weekend after things die down" will be in february not the first weekend of panda release and "approximately 3 days into release, when the crowds die down" also not happening. However blizz has some geniuses working for them I have a lot of respect for how well they plan things out I bet they'll create lots of instances of the starting zones so there aren't 500 pandas trying to click on the same quest objective.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

They extended RAF to lvl80

Raible
Plainfield, IN

Raible

Yes, I want to level a monk panda. Guess DPS spec is the no-brainer way to go.

Sounds like I need to work on getting some BoA gear together. I do not own a single piece of that stuff. How does it work? If my 85 on one server buys it, how do I get it to my newbie toon on a different server?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

You can't mail it cross realm.

the only way to cross realm it is to pay for a server transfer for the toon that has it in its inventory. However you can mail BoA cross faction.

Consider there are 2 sets of BoA, the wrath and the cata.
the wrath only work from 1-80
the cata work from 1-85

Cata is cloaks and helms.

Wrath has shoulders, chest, trinkets, and weapons (catch me if I missed one) and the dread pirate ring(PITA to get).

MoP is finally bringing the legs that have been in the DB since Cata beta, earned from a guild achievement, get all profs to 600 across the guild.

The legs as they are in the DB are 1-85 effective.

not all BoA up XP, ie the trinkets and weapons don't but you'll want them anyway.

The XP bonus is on quests and kills.

as observed the Heirlooms scale with your level, and the helm and cloaks appear to be itemized as 333 blues at lvl85, and the Wrath ones likely 200 blues.

so from 1-80 you shouldn't replace any heirlooms, from 81-85 you might swap out the wrath heirlooms.

IIRC the XP bonus from all currently obtainable heirlooms + guild perk is about 45-55%.

Raible
Plainfield, IN

Raible

Well shit, that's not bind on ACCOUNT. That's bind on realm.

Excellent info though Dark. Thank you very much.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

You can send it to any toon on your battle.net account on that realm. and you can have a mule carry it over to another realm.

So if you have multiple WOW accounts on one bnet account then you can send it to any of the WoW accounts under that Bnet.

Yell at blizzard for not yet adding cross realm mailing.

I once had a warlock hold all of my BoA' and then xfered the lock and then mailed the BoA's to a newbie mage I was leveling. (but it does mean paying for 1 xfer to get BoA's to a new server.) On the upside you "could" make a toon and have all BoA's cloth, leather, mail, plate in the toons bank and use that to seed a new crop of alts.

Oh also for the classes that start off with a lower type of armor they can still equip the BoA stuff it'll just scale to be like the lesser armor till the toon can use the higher armor (or did they take out the learn higher armor thing?)

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

seriously... we have xrealm mounts and achievements now.....effing BoA need to be effing BoA

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

seriously... we have xrealm mounts and achievements now.....effing BoA need to be effing BoA

Ya that's why I suggested it'd be nice to have an account bank.

Now don't you go mentioning that other game.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Don't go that far, Blizz has D3 "stash", a place for all your toons to save gear and a shared gold pool... Perhaps next expansion..

That void storage thing was a huge failure, if they change it like a account wide deposit box it would be better..

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
that sweet ass immersive GUILD WARS 2 game????

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
said by djlar:

Don't go that far, Blizz has D3 "stash", a place for all your toons to save gear and a shared gold pool... Perhaps next expansion..

That void storage thing was a huge failure, if they change it like a account wide deposit box it would be better..

Ya, I only use void storage for Tier gear from old tiers that I liked but don't want to mog with ATM.

So I have a full T9/10/12 sitting in the void.
I keep 11 in my bags as I mog with it, and 13 equiped.

I need to get around to upgrading my bank's bags, they're only 22slot with 1 24.

But I already spent alot of time making 4x26slot bags to be ready for MoP, and I'm working on using up my fortune cookies for now.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

And they are only upgrading bags to 28 slots on pandaria at the cost of some harmonies and the new cloth..

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well that'll take some time to farm, so I'm still glad I made the 26'ers.

You sure they aren't going to put some CD on the 28'ers?
remember the 22 in wrath with a 1 week CD and the special cloth with a 1 day CD.