Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Dissembled

Re: [Race to 90] I Really Want to Level a Panda

You can't mail it cross realm.

the only way to cross realm it is to pay for a server transfer for the toon that has it in its inventory. However you can mail BoA cross faction.

Consider there are 2 sets of BoA, the wrath and the cata.
the wrath only work from 1-80
the cata work from 1-85

Cata is cloaks and helms.

Wrath has shoulders, chest, trinkets, and weapons (catch me if I missed one) and the dread pirate ring(PITA to get).

MoP is finally bringing the legs that have been in the DB since Cata beta, earned from a guild achievement, get all profs to 600 across the guild.

The legs as they are in the DB are 1-85 effective.

not all BoA up XP, ie the trinkets and weapons don't but you'll want them anyway.

The XP bonus is on quests and kills.

as observed the Heirlooms scale with your level, and the helm and cloaks appear to be itemized as 333 blues at lvl85, and the Wrath ones likely 200 blues.

so from 1-80 you shouldn't replace any heirlooms, from 81-85 you might swap out the wrath heirlooms.

IIRC the XP bonus from all currently obtainable heirlooms + guild perk is about 45-55%.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Dissembled
Well shit, that's not bind on ACCOUNT. That's bind on realm.

Excellent info though Dark. Thank you very much.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
You can send it to any toon on your battle.net account on that realm. and you can have a mule carry it over to another realm.

So if you have multiple WOW accounts on one bnet account then you can send it to any of the WoW accounts under that Bnet.

Yell at blizzard for not yet adding cross realm mailing.

I once had a warlock hold all of my BoA' and then xfered the lock and then mailed the BoA's to a newbie mage I was leveling. (but it does mean paying for 1 xfer to get BoA's to a new server.) On the upside you "could" make a toon and have all BoA's cloth, leather, mail, plate in the toons bank and use that to seed a new crop of alts.

Oh also for the classes that start off with a lower type of armor they can still equip the BoA stuff it'll just scale to be like the lesser armor till the toon can use the higher armor (or did they take out the learn higher armor thing?)

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
seriously... we have xrealm mounts and achievements now.....effing BoA need to be effing BoA

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by mettachain:

seriously... we have xrealm mounts and achievements now.....effing BoA need to be effing BoA

Ya that's why I suggested it'd be nice to have an account bank.

Now don't you go mentioning that other game.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Don't go that far, Blizz has D3 "stash", a place for all your toons to save gear and a shared gold pool... Perhaps next expansion..

That void storage thing was a huge failure, if they change it like a account wide deposit box it would be better..

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to DarkLogix
that sweet ass immersive GUILD WARS 2 game????

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

Don't go that far, Blizz has D3 "stash", a place for all your toons to save gear and a shared gold pool... Perhaps next expansion..

That void storage thing was a huge failure, if they change it like a account wide deposit box it would be better..

Ya, I only use void storage for Tier gear from old tiers that I liked but don't want to mog with ATM.

So I have a full T9/10/12 sitting in the void.
I keep 11 in my bags as I mog with it, and 13 equiped.

I need to get around to upgrading my bank's bags, they're only 22slot with 1 24.

But I already spent alot of time making 4x26slot bags to be ready for MoP, and I'm working on using up my fortune cookies for now.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
And they are only upgrading bags to 28 slots on pandaria at the cost of some harmonies and the new cloth..

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Well that'll take some time to farm, so I'm still glad I made the 26'ers.

You sure they aren't going to put some CD on the 28'ers?
remember the 22 in wrath with a 1 week CD and the special cloth with a 1 day CD.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to mettachain
i see nothing immersive about that game its the same old quest grind as any other mmo, save that they eliminated a quest giver and your grocery list magically appears when you enter a new area. and the quests are kinda childish really, 'ere you go feed my cows and water my shit thanks mate cya
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
well, ya know. it can be immersive...i actually play both games and like the little differences. i've been playing wow too long to just quit for another game but i do like the different feel to GW2.

okay enough that game now lol
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

i see nothing immersive about that game its the same old quest grind as any other mmo, save that they eliminated a quest giver and your grocery list magically appears when you enter a new area. and the quests are kinda childish really, 'ere you go feed my cows and water my shit thanks mate cya

So what level are you?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
tl;dr: my friend bought it told me to come check it out cause my comp is a dino, watched him play to about lvl 12 i think we stopped, i didnt need to see anymore frankly.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
Haha, that's what I figured.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
yes

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

said by cymraeg:

So what level are you?

I heard the name then ROFL'ed and said sounds like crap.
So far I haven't been proven wrong.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

yes

Quests are childish in GW2, all the while you're flying around in WoW on a flying pony mount with a singing flower pet following you to collect easter eggs.

LOL

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
theres a difference between fantastical and childish, had they said go feed my little pony unicorns i would have been more attuned to it being fantastical, but feed my cows no thank you feed your own fucking cows mate, ima eat mah sammich
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
if you play horde you remember the quest "Shiz Work"

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
heheh ya that was actually funny killing wyverns cause theyre shittting all over the place
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Anon835

@footlocker.com
Aion quests are boring and repetitive except flying.
WAR quests are boring and repetitive except for public quests.
Rift quests are boring and repetitive except dynamic rifts.
SWtOR quests are boring and repetitive except class stories.
TERA quests are boring and repetitive except for aiming mechanics.
WoW quests are boring and repetitive except for phasing so you can see the effects.

The point is, play the game you like. I know it's the internet and the common theme is 'stop liking the things I don't like!', but seriously, you can play more than one game at a time and enjoy both thoroughly.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
you forgot one

GW2 quests are boring and repetitive cause they are just like all the other boring and repetitive quests
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Let's play chess....ok nevermind...that is boring and repetitive....and there are no quests. and i never gear up my pawns to take more hits.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

puppy

join:2010-01-28
said by mettachain:

Let's play chess....ok nevermind...that is boring and repetitive....and there are no quests. and i never gear up my pawns to take more hits.

If you bought the addons you can!

During high school my friends and I got into chess and after a while we tried different things with it for fun. Let's just say we figured out that arm wrestling each time you try to capture a piece did not work at all! XD

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
You ever watch Big Bang Theory?

Sheldon's chess added upgrading pawns and other pieces, plus a serpent.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
love that show. +1 internet.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I think the top upgraded piece was the grand empress, combining the movement ability of the knight, rook, and serpent.

Plus it was a 3way chess rather than 2way.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
i haven't watched Big Bang Theory before. it's $2.99 per episode everywhere i look.

i hear that is a pretty decent show.

i can't get into Dr. who. watched the first 3 episodes of season one...
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Here it airs everyday on fox26
and every Thursday on cbs11

and isn't it on hulu?