Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Ginjer

Re: [Race to 90] I Really Want to Level a Panda

said by Ginjer:

If your toon is on another server you with have to transfer your BoA gear to that server on any toon. Unfortunately WoW hasn't implemented a way to ship your BoA gear across realms yet.

Correction

They haven't applied a FREE or built in method.
you can pay for an xfer to have one of your toons ship the gear.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Way to say exactly what Ginjer said.

Bravo.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
it was only a correction on the last part.

quote:
Unfortunately WoW hasn't implemented a way to ship your BoA gear across realms yet.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
Damn you "Auto Correct". I figured I would at least try and find a way to put the blame else where. But, looking at it, you are correct if you are one sided and only look at the last sentence! I'll give it to you. You got me on that one.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Only correcting the last sentence, though it disagrees with he first sentence.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Back on topic as I ordered the collectors box via amazon if its not in my hands by 8pm on the 24th then just as I did for cata I'll buy the plain electronic version via the blizz store and apply the collectors key later.

BTW any one know if the standard key becomes available after the collectors key is entered or if the standard key is still tied to my account?

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
said by DarkLogix:

Back on topic as I ordered the collectors box via amazon if its not in my hands by 8pm on the 24th then just as I did for cata I'll buy the plain electronic version via the blizz store and apply the collectors key later.

BTW any one know if the standard key becomes available after the collectors key is entered or if the standard key is still tied to my account?

No unfortunately you lose the standard key if you upgrade. I've upgraded several other normal expansions with collector editions and you do not get your key back from your original game to use on another account.

However, why even do that now that there is nothing unique from the collector's edition in game, that you don't get by upgrading your basic MoP license to a Deluxe license? (i.e. You get the Collector's edition mount and companion by buying the Deluxe Digital License, there are no other-in game benefits of the CE that you don't get with the Deluxe edition.)

On the other hand, upgrading to Deluxe is relatively cheap, so selling the CE on ebay probably will not even get you your money back with this expansion. So, I guess go ahead.
--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
I'm not talking Deluxe Digital just plain digital so I can get into MoP at midnight.

And with he Collector's edition already per-ordered with the extra out of game and in game stuff I wouldn't buy the Deluxe Digital.

So it'd be $40 to be able to play maybe 14 hours earlier.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
I think he was asking why you would get a box CE when the digital deluxe has all the in game stuff the CE has and you won't have to worry about shipping a box.

i just assumed you want the art book and CD's the box CE comes with more than most other people here. Plus, some people just like having an actual CD key in hand.

BTW, I pre-ordered the deluxe digital and it still has my panda xpac listed as a CE in my bnet account, so it doesn't differentiate between box or digital on bnet.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
Ya I want the physical extras
and I'll buy the standard Digital edition just to get going faster. (and then when the CE arrives apply its key for the extras)

djlar

join:2009-04-23
The Panda Cub comes on which Collector's edition?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Don't know but MoP CE and DD come with Quilen Cub.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

The Panda Cub comes on which Collector's edition?

The original WoW collector's edition.

There is one to be had on Ebay right now, with a buy it now price of only $2900!
--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Dissembled
I remember feeling that way about a wargon. Then after I left the starter land, it became the same old series of quests, which got boring quick.

I hope that changes with the new expansion. Be nice to have fresh class related quests, instead of one size fits all.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
said by Snakeoil:

I hope that changes with the new expansion. Be nice to have fresh class related quests, instead of one size fits all.

It won't. After level 10, you're back to the same quests as every other race and class.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
said by Nick D:

said by Snakeoil:

It won't. After level 10, you're back to the same quests as every other race and class.

I guess you forgot about the whole rework of Azeroth quests and zones for Cataclysm.

There wasn't this much complaining about the same quests when BC or Wrath released.

The current stuff is still pretty new. Deal
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by Snakeoil:

Just pick a different path to level.

My mage leveled
Elwyn
Westfall
Red ridge
Duskwood
STV
RAF granted levels
A little EPL
HP
BT
DB
then 80
Vash'ir
DH
Uldum
TH

My priest is doing
Worgen starting zone
Darkshore
AV
STM
SB
DWM
Feralas
Thousand needles
HP
That zone with the mushrooms
HF
and plan to do
GH
then the cata zone order won't matter because I have cata lore master.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
Man, I leveled 5 classes to 85 this expact (soon to be 6)...and did roughly 2 Cata zones on each one before hitting 85.

Hyjal and 1/2 of Deepholm to 84, then 1/2 of Twilight Highlands to 85.

I only went into Uldum on my Priest (he was my first 85) and I didn't quest in Vashj'ir on any toons. I highly doubt my Mage makes it out of Hyjal/Deepholm before 85 due to the changes in exp required for each level.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
My mage dinged 85 within 2-3 days of the cata launch
I might have the zones slightly off but IIRC I dinged 85 barely into TH

and got cata loremaster within 5 days of launch (had to get an addon to hunt down the last quest in uldum) (if you look you might find the post on here where I asked for a suggestion)

I did Vash'ir first and I liked it.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
The 3D aspect of it totally was a turn-off for me.

I go there on my Druid to herb farm...but other than that I don't care for the place at all.

Uldum was fun, but it was a little buggy at first. Deepholm is my favorite zone, closely followed by Twilight Highlands.

I'll be totally cool if my Mage doesn't finish DH before dinging 85, that means it is going to go super fast. Hell, I'm level 81.5 and just dinged my 100 quest achieve and she got boosted from level 22 Oo...I figure I've completed ~25 quests in Hyjal so far.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to DarkLogix
I suppose everyone picked the wrong tone in my post.

Snake's idea is a good one, but he brought it up in another thread. I think more class quests would be nice, but it's probably just impractical in terms of ROI. Also when your shaman quest sends you all over the world and your mage friend is sitting there twiddling thumbs, it wouldn't be as nice.

That said, my last two non-85 classes are sitting at 81 and 82 right now. I'm good on questing.

But still totally wish that BC didn't require you to start in Hellfire. So much scrap metal ...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
If I were blizz then what I'd do is every level that gains a talent point would have a part of a class quest chain.

have it be somewhat relevant to the role(s) the class plays and also make it relevant to that tier of talent points.

So you can try out the new ability.

then at level cap offer it as a pay to do quest, so you say change your spec you pay the trainer to got fire instead or frost, or holy instead of shadow, ect.

then on paying that you get to do the quest chain again.

Have it go all over with each step of the chain going through zones at or below the zones that that talent point might have been unlocked in.

(IE so you get the lvl90 point you get a quest that might take you all over Pandaria and cata and even the higher zones of wrath)

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
IMO that would defeat the purpose of the "switch on the fly" talents are now providing.

having to redo an entire quest chain for a respec would be too much developer effort for worlds of player QQ.

I HATED having to travel back and forth between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms for my shaman totem quests. You got your final element totem (wind) at level 30 and still had NO mount!!! that was some bullshit i never want to endure again.
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Not talents but specs.

And not HAVING to do the quest but having it available if you want.

As far as I can tell you still use the trainer right now if you want to change spec but not for talents or glyphs.

this would just have the trainer open a quest chain you could do if you wanted to try out the new choices you'd made.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
The idea would be say you played a paladin and you'd been playing ret the whole time.

So you finally ether change you spec or get dual spec and pickup holy. Now right after you pick your talents the trainer offers a quest you can do it or you can leave it.

the quest chain would be aimed at paladins and would offer places when the talents would come into play, also if the class CAN heal then add some mobs to heal that could do all the DPS needed for the quest if you kept them up, but leave the requirements low so as just be a run through of the talents so you can see if you like them.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to DarkLogix
I'd like to have class quests whose purpose is to drive racial/class lore. Give them level appropriate dungeon elements or keep them within the same zone as the quest giver. You could also just make it a progressive quest chain that starts in your race's starting area and moves through the breadcrumb chain intended for your race. If you start a gnome warrior and decide you'd rather follow the human zone progression, then you do that and you miss out on the gnome warrior lore progression chain. They could use the zone fly-in exclamation point they use for the Blackrock Caverns quest, for example. That would be cool, I think.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
but what if the class lore chain quests became too hard for your level? would you have to move to another starting zone and complete all the hearts there and then come back to your zone to continue your quests?

I remember i had to do that with my engineer. started in my zone and had to go to hoelbrak where the norns are and then come back to complete a section of the asura lore.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
As my post went on, my idea evolved. The class lore chain quest should be gated by lvl and zone. So, a night elf would pick up a class-related quest fly in (where your quest tracker hud is) upon completing the breadcrumb quest relevant to your class. For example Nigh Elves would get them for Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas, Felwood, Winterspring, Silithus, Terrokkar (via major bread crumb), Sholazar Basin (via serious breadcrumb), Mount Hyjal. Mount Hyjal should be the terminus for the Night Elf lore/class quest chain, IMO. There would be race sharing for several zones... Draenei/Orcs would be more represented in Outlands than other races. Worgen lore racials would be an interesting discovery of how Arugal's wild worgen (the ones alliance have been killing for xp since before cata) differ from the Gilnean strand. It would be awesome, I think.

Anyway, that would be cool IMO.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
in my idea tie in the relevant lore and have what you're doing demonstrating that tier of talent points.

Say a Night Elf Mage might be doing a phases event where they see the old High elfs, that would likely be the general theme of the Night elf mage quests, with each tier uncovering some part of a story and giving you a good reason to use the given tier of talents.

I'd actually opt for every 10 levels but you need the toon to evolve some as the class before doing more so each tier might be better.

also do it with phasing and portals.

Classes that can heal would have a reason there to heal but if speced as DPS it'd be needed that you DPS. decently.