how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA
reply to fishacura

Re: 2 button remote and controlling non-tv component

Thanks! That's exactly the type of thing I am looking for. Just wish I could find one at my price point (around $150 or below). I'm only going "cheap" because again I have a full 5.1 yamaha/klipsch system so I don't want to spend a lot since I already have a good 5.1
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

faulknkid

join:2002-07-30
Murrieta, CA
No problem... Good luck finding something in your range.
My setup is actually in my bedroom which is quite large. I am like 18-20 feet away from the 55" mounted on the wall and the TV speakers were no where near loud enough. On top of that, it provided me with the cleaner in-wall install that connected everything I needed.

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
So let me ask you this since I found a Samsung with 1 HDMI in and 1 hdmi out. Would I run the cable box to the soundbar "in" and then run the soundbar "out" to the TV "in"? Does that sound right?
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

nxtiak

join:2008-08-06
Redlands, CA
You're going to have sound coming out of your TV and soundbar at the same time?
Just use HDMI from the STB to your TV for video, and use Optical out from STB to your Soundbar for audio.
Turn the TV volume all the way to 0 or mute it, and use your Soundbar to listen.

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02
i wanna know why the Fios remote can access my TV's menu when i press TV>menu, but none of the buttons lets me navigate the TV menus, when i press the arrow keys it disappears, along with any other buttons

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to nxtiak
said by nxtiak:

You're going to have sound coming out of your TV and soundbar at the same time?

No...what I am ultimately trying to do is control the soundbar with the TV remote to avoid yet another remote. The HDMI has some kind of ARC functionality where I thought you could do this which the optical doesn't have. However, it looks like yet another remote is in store for me. Yes I know I can get a harmony or the like but I've never been a huge fan......Thanks!
--

nxtiak

join:2008-08-06
Redlands, CA
The best way is to get a proper universal remote. The cheap 4 device Logitech Harmonies are less than $50 and it'll last a lifetime through all your AV changes.
Quit trying to figure stuff out and just get one.

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA

1 edit
said by nxtiak:

Why? Because it works for you? Don't forget other people have other needs/desires and what some people like others may not

P.S. No I have not had coffee yet!
--

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to nxtiak
said by nxtiak:

The best way is to get a proper universal remote. The cheap 4 device Logitech Harmonies are less than $50 and it'll last a lifetime through all your AV changes.

OK You Win! I made the plunge and love it!
--