Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

giblets

@rogers.com
reply to cyc66

Re: [Cable] Kitchener/Waterloo DHCP issues also?

Cambridge. Get dhcp , but it does not route.

TAR1234

@teksavvy.com
reply to Westacular
Yup, back up for me in Waterloo as well.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
Poor K-W customers, we get the most problems all the time :P
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

Nagilum
Premium
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON
reply to TAR1234
Back up in West Kitchener.

Maedros

join:2008-04-01
reply to damir52
said by damir52:

O man , o man, welcome to world of cable.

I just hope that you guys won't end up having the same issues K-W customers had last year when students came etc.

Cambridge\Guelph\K-W (i think) r sharing 2 GB (i think) of link TSI has with Rogers for this area, i doubt it will be enough.

oh man, oh man, oh man, last year was soooooooooooo bad at this time. i totally forgot about that. yeah i hope it isn't related to overloaded POI's.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
wb :P yea, i hope too lol

suprphrk

join:2008-06-20
Back up in West Galt.

Africa

@teksavvy.com
reply to Nagilum
I am at the northwest of Waterloo, the internet was down at about 8:30 tonight. it was back about 10 minutes ago.

Vadim

@rogers.com
reply to cyc66
I'm also down, I'm not sure when it happened (I was out of the house at them time) using my landlord's internet atm (rogers cable).

TAR1234

@184.151.61.x
reply to cyc66
Internet is down, but my Steam Friends list is still connecting and I can chat with people... Weird.

Mobile AP

@74.198.87.x
reply to cyc66
I am also down in Waterloo, also using my mobile hotspot.... who would have thought it would have come in so useful.

oxfordwhite

join:2008-01-28
Kitchener, ON
Yeah the Teksavvy lined dropped all communication with blizzard/att for me. that was 720.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to damir52
said by damir52:

O man , o man, welcome to world of cable.

I just hope that you guys won't end up having the same issues K-W customers had last year when students came etc.

Cambridge\Guelph\K-W (i think) r sharing 2 GB (i think) of link TSI has with Rogers for this area, i doubt it will be enough.

The KW-Cambridge POI is up to 4 x 1Gbps links now AFAIK. Guelph is on it's own POI. There was an upgrade in May 2012 to bring it to that level up from the 2 it previously had. So far congestion at the POI level has not been reported widely here, just some node level congestion.

Either way I'm glad to hear service was restored. I didn't stay awake long enough to see what happened.

Guido

join:2008-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to cyc66
Yeah, still down here in Kitchener. I just gave my modem a hard reboot, leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes to make sure.... any updates, Gabe?

Currently my router's DHCP client is just spinning waiting for an IP... hasn't been able to get one since last night around 8.

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
Kitchener is completely back up. If you are still down then I'm afraid to say it's something else that's probably only affecting you.

nbinont

join:2011-03-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TSI Gabe:

Kitchener is completely back up.

Any idea what happened? Did your links out of KW fail or was it some piece of routing equipment that went haywire?

crt

join:2011-04-09
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by nbinont:

said by TSI Gabe:

Kitchener is completely back up.

Any idea what happened? Did your links out of KW fail or was it some piece of routing equipment that went haywire?

It's standard, happens once a month.