All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

mcelotto
join:2002-11-19
Windsor, ON

mcelotto to newuser

to newuser

Re: Cogeco email can't autoforward to external address!?

A suggestion for you. I have a gmail account that pulls my cogeco email to it. Only down side is that it updates every hour. But that's about the only way I know to do it. I believe hotmail and yahoo can be set to do it too.

lockejcole
join:2010-06-11
Hamilton, ON

lockejcole

Yes I was going to have the same suggestion as above, rather then make Cogeco forward the messages to another account, make the other account retrieve them from Cogeco. Most providers these days can import mail from pop3 sources.
Dingaan
join:2002-02-19
Bath, ON

Dingaan to mcelotto

to mcelotto
I have 7 Cogeco email addresses that I use for different purposes. At one time, I had all of these being pulled into Gmail. Messages download schedule appeared to be based on amount of activity on each account. It is possible to force a download in Gmail.

I gave up on using just Gmail, because it had become desperately slow. Gmail provides no service, so I could not ever get anyone to check what was causing the slowdown. Cogeco webmail wasn't too great either, but to be honest, I haven't tried it for years.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

I've never experienced any problems like that with GMail - been using it since it was in beta.

I have and would still highly recommend it.

Mike
peterweb
join:2005-10-18
Smiths Falls, ON

peterweb

I believe I was the one that figured out that the Cogeco email forwarding only worked after you log into your Cogeco email page. So you can set your forwarding settings all you want, but it will never forward if you have not logged into Cogeco.

Not the way it should work.

As noted, I also use Gmail to pull my Cogeco emails. No login required.

Here is the original posts.

»Re: Why Cogeco Subscribers are NOT Notified

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

And here is the link to the beginning of that thread, started by yours truly.

»Why Cogeco Subscribers are NOT Notified

It's too old to add a post to bump the thread, but let me say that the context in which I began it was to show why Cogeco fails to notify us of important things.

Their email functionality flaw and their stupid policies regarding not using external email addresses to contact customers each are major contributing factors in that.

Such BS, plus a better package from START communications on the Cogeco feed, were my reasons for switching to START as soon as they said they were ready to roll.

There has been no such foolishness at START, as they allow you to specify an external email address in the first place, for all emails from them.

AS IT SHOULD BE.