how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2012-08-06
Buchanan Dam, TX
reply to syslock

Re: [OT] Bring on winter, already!

I'll be heading out your way in about a month, syslock See Profile . When last I was there ~2+ years ago, Hawaii was in a drought, although still quite beautiful. I hope things got better. They haven't here.

Slava
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-04
Fair Lawn, NJ

1 edit

said by 46014637:

I'll be heading out your way in about a month, syslock See Profile . When last I was there ~2+ years ago, Hawaii was in a drought, although still quite beautiful. I hope things got better. They haven't here.

You would think that living in the so called greatest country in the world. Some smart guy/gal would have figured out a way for an irrigation system. In order to get water from the oceans you have. Create a pipe line, desalinate the water (the way we used to do when I live on the Navy ship) to inland Texas and cool everything off.

When Israel was given the land it was mainly a desert and now it has many thriving farm lands, it could have easily been a desert and baron land by now.

join:2012-08-06
Buchanan Dam, TX

I wish that were the case, Slava See Profile. We are getting to the point where we will have to do that, and we are way behind the curve on such matters. The current strategy is to get all knee-jerk and demand people ration water, even as the municipal pipelines delivering the water leak like a vegetable strainer.
--
conserve water